Erkki

Steam Item Trading and/or Community Market

Some random guy just asked for some of my TF2 items and offered Dota 2 in return. I gave him the Lugermorph and Big Kill (I think it was called) and some hat. Is this trading a thing now? Did he want these for selling on the market? Did I get duped?

PS. I'll trade Dota 2 for anything on my wishlist.

I've made like $30 through random internet guys wanting items I somehow acquired in TF2 without having played it in years. People paying me real money for things on the internet that are worth nothing to me! TF2 is great.

Some random guy just asked for some of my TF2 items and offered Dota 2 in return. I gave him the Lugermorph and Big Kill (I think it was called) and some hat. Is this trading a thing now? Did he want these for selling on the market? Did I get duped?

PS. I'll trade Dota 2 for anything on my wishlist.

Yep, I think that fella got a pretty decent deal, to be honest.

Here's more information: How much are my TF2 items worth?

I recently traded those two items, plus Max's head, for Super Street Fighter IV and The Walking Dead. I probably could have gotten more, in hindsight.

He asked for Max's head too but I refused. Are the Sam & Max things particularly sought after for some reason?

Quote from that link you posted: "As far as monetary value, at a time Max was worth $100+. But those days are long gone. Best of luck."

He asked for Max's head too but I refused. Are the Sam & Max things particularly sought after for some reason?

Quote from that link you posted: "As far as monetary value, at a time Max was worth $100+. But those days are long gone. Best of luck."

Yep, if you pre-ordered Season 3 of Sam & Max you got those three items... and that was the only way you could get them. It's not just that they're rare, it's that they're pretty damned cool, too. I honestly think that someone trading all three could get up to $100 worth of stuff in return. I posted my three items on http://www.tf2outpost.com/ and had sold them within the hour.

I guess I didn't do too bad then, getting a 27€ game for 2 of thos items (plus a hat which I don't even remember what it was). Now I'm waiting till Max's Head goes up to 1M USD and I'm rich!

PS when I go to the Market and try to sell an item it says that I have nothing in my inventory. is that normal?

I sold Max's Head for $120 worth of games. People are fucking insane about hats.

I need to do this, I still have Bill's Hat, one of the rarest of all hats last time I looked. Maybe I can get pre-orders of Bioshock Infinite or something for all the hat's I've collected...

Edit- I can't even find Bill's hat on there! Not that I can find much on there... but how much is this thing worth I wonder?

I was given a copy of Dota 2 and I never even thought of trading it, I have no idea of how to play it and kinda regret keeping it.

Does this mean people will start annoying us for out TF2 items even more? I got some only because they came with other Steam games and I still get kids asking for them.

I need to do this, I still have Bill's Hat, one of the rarest of all hats last time I looked. Maybe I can get pre-orders of Bioshock Infinite or something for all the hat's I've collected...

Edit- I can't even find Bill's hat on there! Not that I can find much on there... but how much is this thing worth I wonder?

The value of Bill's is explained in the link I posted.

So theoretically should I be able to sell these things on the Steam Community Market or should I go to a third party site?

I did it and I don't see that hat in my inventory, I know I traded with some guy, but I doubt I would have given him the hat... (I really hope I didn't, I like Max, why would I give it away?)

Thank you TP!

Can I get real monies from this if I ask someone to send it via Paypal or do you just trade for Steam games?

You can ask for money but, as I say, I've only done it once myself, so I don't know how that works. It seemed easier to ask for games. Once I put them up on TF2Outpost I got a few friend requests in Steam. They turned into an online chat, and then we traded using Steam's system. That was it.

I did it and I don't see that hat in my inventory, I know I traded with some guy, but I doubt I would have given him the hat... (I really hope I didn't, I like Max, why would I give it away?)

You sometimes have to look at your inventory through TF2 for it to update correctly, I think.

Wow, I actually got Far Cry 3, Rage, Monkey Island SE Bundle, Ben There Dan That Bundle for my Max Head!

I could have gotten more money's worth (Far Cry 3 + Hitman Absolution + Assassin's Creed 3) but I wasn't that interested in the latter 2 and it would have been keys for those games which are not as safe to trade as actual inventory items.

PS. Thanks TunderPeel for the TF2Outpost suggestion. Took less than 24h from posting it to the trade happening.