Sign in to follow this  
Intrepid Homoludens

Awlordysweetbabyjeezus! (Fable review)

fable-20040826062716780.jpg

Fable is made of several layers of detail. Casual gamers who want a quick experience and some fun can run around the surface of the world, complete the main quest and sidequests, and get out after 15-20 hours of play. However, those who want a little more detail can read into the history of the world, learn a bit more about why certain events have importance. Then you can go a little deeper if you like, interact with NPCs, get married, have censored sex, buy and rent property, sell merchandise, kill everyone in a town (though they will respawn over time), play with kids, terrorize kids, kick chickens, or just get piss drunk and vomit all over yourself. And there is another layer after that. If you really want to spend a good 50-100 hours in Fable, go searching for all of the Easter Eggs -- Unlock ever silver chest, stumble upon time-sensitive events, figure out how to get hold of the Sandgoose, whatever that may be, or conquer the world with a frying pan.

IGN.com

I thought it had only been out for, like, three days! They can't review such a massive game on such a short time period! No way! Angryness!

I can't trust reviews on this kind of games.

It's not out, as far as I know. It comes out on September 14 or something.

The review-guy has played through the game at least a couple of times... read the review....

But still, that doesn't mean you can get a good impression in short time, just beacuse you play much! Look at Morrowind and all the great reviews it got when it had recently been released. Did it deserve it? Did anyone notice its flaws that soon?

I'm scared...

But still, that doesn't mean you can get a good impression in short time, just beacuse you play much! Look at Morrowind and all the great reviews it got when it had recently been released. Did it deserve it? Did anyone notice its flaws that soon?

I'm scared...

I don't think it is possible to play Morrowind for 15 minutes and not notice its flaws. You have to make peace with the flaws to play for any period of time longer than 15 minutes.

Black and White on the other hand...

Well, I just finished the 8 pages of review from IGN. I'm suspecting the reviewer got an early copy or something, because he mentions many things that could be construed as hidden deep in the game, as well as detailed gameplay mechanics and hero customization. Read it yourself and decide.

I think it should have been easy by now for IGN to whip up a Fable review. They've probably seen half of the game already so it should be easy to see what's been kept in, what's been thrown out, and how it holds together. I haven't kept up with Fable at all, but still I got to see and/or play the game three times in the last year or-so and found myself chemically inconvenienced at Microsoft's open bar. The press has been allowed to see quite a lot of the game pre-release.

The press has been allowed to see quite a lot of the game pre-release.

That's another thing! What if it all goes down to some Black and White syndrome, "We've already heard what you can do in this game so we'll just write in the review that it's great beacuse that's what everyone else does, or, we'll just judge what the publishers have chosen to show us already and accidentally forget the actual game."

Never trust reviews.

That's another thing! What if it all goes down to some Black and White syndrome, "We've already heard what you can do in this game so we'll just write in the review that it's great beacuse that's what everyone else does, or, we'll just judge what the publishers have chosen to show us already and accidentally forget the actual game."

Never trust reviews.

I agree because reviews are just someone else's opinion

Never trust reviews.

Or what if it is all just a scam to make us keep our minds on something different while they complete they schemes for world domination...

... well - I wouldn't worry to much about it yet.... ... ..

MuhahHAAa - I'm impeccable to the kingz-shaped cattleprod....

You're what?