melmer

Bioshock ∞ - New trailer 21 Oct

So this popped up on facebook yesterday, a count down to a new Bioshock Infinite trailer

I might go 'media blackout' on this game from here on out, don't want any spoilers for the story, although i kinda trust Irrational to keep their cards close and not give to much away.

I think (hope) the game has a hell of a lot more to it then just the floating city, i honestly don't see how that location alone could hold peoples interest for more than a few hours, especially considering the speed of traversal with the sky claw whatsit.

I think that maybe 2/3 of this game will be played out in alternate dimensions/times

Maybe the whole game is actual a dream of Elizabeth's and Booker is entering her dreams like in the film paprika "about a research psychologist who uses a device that permits therapists to help patients by entering their dreams."

I'm probably getting way off base here, but for me that's the most exciting thing about this game...i haven't got a clue what its about or where its going to take me

This probably makes me a curmudgeony old asshole, but the marketing of a countdown to another piece of marketing material makes me barf a little.

I know what you mean, when i saw it i found it a little cringe worthy,

but i guess thats what you have to do these days to compete with the big boys

This is a dumb thing to say but: Thanks whoever coded this countdown clock! The gears rotate in a way where their lighting DOESN'T rotate around with them and look completely dumb! Nobody ever goes to that length and it ALWAYS sticks out to me. There's actually some genuine effort in this lil clock, I'm kind of impressed that someone spent this much time on this facebook thing.

Anyway yea I came into BioShock 1 having never heard of System Shock, or knowing what the game was. I kind of bought it entirely on

which was (and maybe still is) the best developer demonstration I've ever seen for a game. And it really surprised me, the game is a bio shocker.

I wanna know as little as possible, but if I get any hint that this trailer is good I know I'll crack instantly and watch it.

I think they've been really good so far with showing as little as possible, but obviously it gets to a point where you HAVE TO promote your game. You guys should all watch it first.

I think that maybe 2/3 of this game will be played out in alternate dimensions/times

OH CRAP I FORGOT THAT WAS A THING!

Show me shooting, sky railing, fighting off against those heavy hitters, show me a couple new tonic/powers, show me Elizabeth conjuring shit into existence to help fight off baddies, as we've already seen all this stuff

But please don't show me any of the story or too much time/dimension jumping. Although i don't think they'll be able to resist if it is as bigger a part of the game as i hope it might be.

I don't know how i'll feel if they slip in a half second of a laser gun being fired in the year 2130

Whoah, I never saw that Bioshock demo. You aren't kidding, it totally highlights all of the things that made the gameplay of Bioshock great.

The way trailers are announced nowadays is amusing, but I am looking forward to seeing more of Infinite as my mind still really hasn't figured out what it truly is and whether or not it wants to play it.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gamelife/2012/04/revenge.jpg

If the game does end up having playable areas from more current or modern times, I can't see how they can avoid not showing them if they want to get the 'dude bro' demographic on board

I think this trailer might be a kind of re-reveal. Irrationals way of saying "oh you think you know about infinite..."

Then BAM WTF holy shit melt my mind. Or it could just be a damp squid

the marketing of a countdown to another piece of marketing material makes me barf a little.

Quoted for truth :tup:

There is nothing curmudgeonly about this. Having a trailer countdown clock reeks of an entirely over the top sense of grandeur for something that will be mulched and make way for the next thing.

is that trailer also somewhere on the internet? or just the walled garden called facebook

Quoted for truth :tup:

There is nothing curmudgeonly about this. Having a trailer countdown clock reeks of an entirely over the top sense of grandeur for something that will be mulched and make way for the next thing.

+1

is that trailer also somewhere on the internet? or just the walled garden called facebook

It's counting down, still 9 days at this point. I'm sure it'll show up all over once it drops. Even if they don't want it to I don't think they'll be able to contain it (and really there's no reason 2K would want to).

Whoah, I never saw that Bioshock demo. You aren't kidding, it totally highlights all of the things that made the gameplay of Bioshock great.

Yeah if it's 2007 and you've never seen the game before then it's like

"What the-- you can telekenesis that guy's hat off, light it on fire and throw it at him?? HOW ARE THEY DOING THIS??"

I have a feeling that we'll look back on the initial infinite trailer and have similar thoughts (how it manages to highlight the things that make the final product work). At least I hope that's true.

Oh the first gameplay demonstration of Infinite was similarly amazing. You could board that giant blimp, blow it up, and then jump off onto a roller coaster, and the old man's badge flickers to a Hammer & Sickle? Now we're in the 90's giant songbird? AARRRRGGH

The long demonstration videos of Inifnite have been pretty amazing, it's just the short ones where they say "Here's this enemy, it walks forward and shoots. It was really hard to design." that are kind of off-putting.

Which is why we all wanna know as little as possible! That Bioshock 1 demo really blew me away cos I'd never heard of it before.

This probably makes me a curmudgeony old asshole, but the marketing of a countdown to another piece of marketing material makes me barf a little.

It's pre-announcing an announcement. I feel that's way too forward - there should at least be a pre-announcement of your announcement announcement.

It's counting down, still 9 days at this point. I'm sure it'll show up all over once it drops. Even if they don't want it to I don't think they'll be able to contain it (and really there's no reason 2K would want to).

oh... lame...

The Facebook countdown is purely a mechanism to gainer more Facebook likes, free publicity innit. When the trailer goes live it'll be all over everywheres

Trailers up. They've dropped it early as I'm sure that countdown finished at midday today. Just making it all the more silly. I haven't even watched it yet...

Holy shit! I'm impressed

I did wonder if they'd bringing more of the horror element in this trailer. And we'd get to see Columbia at night time, which we did for a few seconds. But there is no theme as such. Just a showcase of awesome. Not much story and no time traveling...

Damn it looks pretty.

Hm. Really enjoyed the the first part, didn't care for the last one. Hope the ratio of sweet exploration and awesome locations to wild and crazy, rootin' tootin' combat is higher than in the intro.

So does this trailer reveal every plasmid and enemy, and then do a 100% fly-through of the city, or am I cool to watch it?

Am I an insane person for even being hesitant here?

They show a lot while showing nothing at all, I think. You see some of the city, a few powers that we already knew about and a bunch of combat. The floating city is gonna be craaaazy though. I'm glad it doesn't come out till Februari. Way too much good stuff coming out as is. O_O