Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Sid Meyer's Pirates! trailer and stuff

Take a look:

piratestrailer.jpg

Download: http://games.softpedia.com/public/cat/8/8-142.shtml

Yes! I was (and am still a bit) dubious of this game, but there is no denying that that trailer is awesome. What a great, hilarious, classic Hollywood adventurey sounding musical score! And the fighting and sailing looks like it could be fun and actually doable unlike the old one.

I'm sad by the named and shamed presence of the little "Live the life" underneath the Pirates! logo though. Are the press materials calling it "Sid Meyer's Pirates!: Live the Life?" If so, booo!

But the trailer has made me happy.

I was too young to play the first one but THIS might be the game I've been waiting for since the announcement of MI4 and the disappointments of The Elder Scrolls Adventure: Redguard and Sea Dogs. And the trailer, despite the stupid name, made me feel the Adventure with a Capital A.

Wow, the trailer looks extremely cool. The music is great, it reminds me of great adventures, just as it's supposed to do.

:hmph: The Live the Life sucks though...

I just hope they haven't made the game too simple.

Did anyone play Bethesda's "Pirates of the Carribean" game?

If I recall correctly it didn't start out as a movie license, but kind of picked it up along the way to assist with marketing...

http://pirates.bethsoft.com

Yeah, that was originally Sea Dogs 2 but they picked up the movie license at some point. As far as I know the game has nothing or very little to do with the film's story.

About only things it had in common with the movie was the ghost ship appearing slightly in the game, and Kiera Knightley giving her voice as the narrator.

Sea Dogs 2 would've rocked though, two different character options and a lot more that was deleted because of the damn movie license.

I'm sure there is. It probably isn't named though. I propose we name it "Ragnar's Law" and then assemble a team of British scientists to figure out what the law actually is.

I'm looking forward to this a lot, I loved the original even though I was terrible at it, usually ending up as a pauper. Hopefully it will have the same feel as the original.

I'm sure there is. It probably isn't named though. I propose we name it "Ragnar's Law" and then assemble a team of British scientists to figure out what the law actually is.

Ehh, right.

Erkki's Law is "There is a law for everything, even those things that aren't bound by laws".

Well, considering the original Pirates! was probably one of the 5 best computer games ever made (I spent many days of my youth capturing ships and hunting treasure) I can't see how this game won't be a huge success. They could easily have just updated the graphics and left everything else in the game exactly the same and it would be worth a purchase. In my mind, as long as they didn't go in and screw anything up from the original it will be phenomenal.