Jake

Idle Thumbs Progresscast #12: The Progresscast Within

Jake and I commute from SF and it's a very easy drive, both ways. Rarely longer than 30 minutes. Usually 20 on the dot.

Measurably less cheap than Novato though.

Measurably less cheap than Novato though.

Yes. SF is a beautiful money pit.

brkl suggested shammack should just sleep under the table in the Thumbs office.

Why doesn't he just sleep in Jake and Sean's car? Free ride to work every morning.

Just crack the window down a little.

Why doesn't he just sleep in Jake and Sean's car? Free ride to work every morning.

Just crack the window down a little.

Jake and I share many things but a car is not one of them. He can sleep in Jake's Golf.

Nobody sleeps in my car but the secret small animals who surely make their home there in the trash.

I would totally be down for relocating to The Bay Area and doing something rad—but I might like how cheap San Antonio is a little too much, plus you can't beat a ten minute commute, plus I would have to make more than double what I make now to be able to live in the comparable level of comfort, plus the art community here is really jammin' (because it is so cheap), plus I seriously doubt the quality of breakfast tacos in the rest of the nation is up to the San Antonio standards…

On the flipside, I am over the 10-month summer and the gimpy trees and all the rednecks and lack of independent coffeeshops with normal hours…

But it is so cheap here and I can make my wacky widgets and put them on the internet from anywhere in the world…

Nobody sleeps in my car but the secret small animals who surely make their home there in the trash.

Telltale Jake's Backseat Woodland Jamboree?

AkCe5JdCAAA9ShM.png