Sign in to follow this  
Lindset

Jaws: The game

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040818/185038_1.html

Majesco Acquires Video Game Rights to Universal Pictures' and Steven Spielberg's Jaws

In Majesco's Jaws, players assume the role of a Great White shark driven to a predacious frenzy by the sonic emanations of underwater oil drilling equipment. To defend their underwater territory, players undertake a campaign to drive the raiders away while simultaneously solving a series of action-based puzzles designed to thwart the player.

:erm:

..and these guys are supposed to give us Psychonauts?

To defend their underwater territory, players undertake a campaign to drive the raiders away while simultaneously solving a series of action-based puzzles designed to thwart the player.

Action based Puzzles? Somehow reminds me about something I recently read on Adventuregamers.com...

Oh my God, another movie license. Burn it to the ground!

Actually, waitaminute ... yeaaaaaaah, that actually does sound pretty interesting. A game where you play a shark? Well, it's been done before, but it's still an interesting premise. It could be really good. I'm going to keep an eye out for this one.

....It would've been cooler if you just played as the shark and went around eating people, destroying boats, etc. With a radar that leads you towards blood....

As its one of my favourite films ever, I'd hope that a Jaws game would be super kick-ass. But it's hard to see how they could do it, and this premise isn't quite convincing me yet. The evironmental twist is very forced, but it sounds like you still get to kill people. That sounds really bloodthirsty and idiotic, but the idea of horrible gorey death from below is what makes Jaws tick as a movie.

But if it was a totally free-roaming game of terrorising a small island, that would be cool. The locals would step up beach watches, shark hunts and bathing restrictions in certain areas. Maybe they could borrow the idea from (the awful) Jaws 3 and let you destroy a marina. Also head-butting the sides of a little trawler in, or jumping out of the water and snapping a fisherman's head off or something could be quite fun.

Maybe a mutliplayer mode where it's shark hunters vs. shark would be cool too.

Screw all of you; I'm actually going to look forward to this game, though I think I would have preferred the player being a human character. Of course, when the only basis of comparison you have is that awful Jaws 4-based NES game, there's really little chance of this game being a disappointment.

Can someone explain me the relation between the game and the original movie ?

It's a crazy idea, that could work.. but hell, why did they buy this francchise ?

Can someone explain me the relation between the game and the original movie ?

It's a crazy idea, that could work.. but hell, why did they buy this francchise ?

Probably because they figured it would sell better because of the "jaws" name