Sign in to follow this  
Hermie

Idle Trenched

Well, that one was easy.

Who wants to... Trench? Let's do some... Trenching? Let's play that video game that they made.

I got this the other day, but I've only been playing with random internet people, and I can tell it would be WAY more satisfying to play with people I know, with coordination/dicking around with friends/without jumping randomly between the missions.

I know some of you have it already, so get on board. My gamertag is Herminator64.

I'm not sure it's even available on the UK marketplace yet, it's been nearly a week now and I still haven't seen it show up on the website.

I had to cancel my credit card after losing my wallet last week, but as soon as I have my new one I intend to hit the XBLM for this. My tag is, as always, Miffy495, and I would be up for a game sometime.

I'd be open to some Trenched, i guess i'll start sending out some friend requests.

I still need to get the game, but when I do I'd love to jump in with everyone. My gamertag is Ohkyren

I'm jonac13 on XBL, feel free to drop me an invite even if I'm playing another game. I have enough good emplacements and weapons to probably make me viable for the first two islands, for what it's worth.

Blame the publisher, not the developer, right?

:shifty: I honestly think they could push for and be successful in bringing their games to the PC, so. . .

:shifty: I honestly think they could push for and be successful in bringing their games to the PC, so. . .

Yeah, it makes sense that a games studio would not bother to push for more work :shifty::shifty:

Yeah, it makes sense that a games studio would not bother to push for more work :shifty::shifty:

It's not that much more work other than compatibility testing, which companies seem to veto more than often. Like me Orv. is a PC gamer, so would prefer to play games there, and Steam is a proven platform for this sort of game.

Doublefine has admitted to being very mercenary about their work, they will work with whoever is interested in bringing their games to the market. In the case of Trenched, it was Microsoft, and Microsoft is first and foremost in the business of selling 360s. (PC as a gaming platform? Hah!)

Hey, you know i'm sure Remedy realized that a considerable majority of their fans are PC gamers, but Alan Wake was pushed as a 360 exclusive by Microsoft, and so there it shall remain.

Also, it should be said that Microsoft owns the Trenched IP, so they'd have to facilitate a PC release. Which... isn't really their priority, obviously.

It's not that much more work other than compatibility testing, which companies seem to veto more than often. Like me Orv. is a PC gamer, so would prefer to play games there, and Steam is a proven platform for this sort of game.

It's still work: I.e. Money. "We make video games. We can make one for you for any platform. Which would you like? Only the major consoles? Are you sure? We can make one for the PC, too, you know. Of course you already know that, but have you considered all the possibilities? Look at those whiney folk on the internet, for example. They want a PC version, there's quite a few of them. Oh. Still not interested, eh? What about the DS? We've got a great idea. Oh. The Wii? Just the major consoles for now. Ok then. Let us know if you change your minds..."

It's in a game company's interests to get paid to make video games. DoubleFine would LOVE it if a publisher wanted 10 sequels on every single platform... but they don't. It's got nothing to do with DF, or any games company, that isn't publishing the games themselves.

Holy shit, I'm posting in the idle thumbs forums for the first time in months!!

I will play this game with you all. M gamer tag is "illeria" for those of you who don't have me on their lists.