BigJKO

The Neverhood coming to the iPhone?

Sounds like the creators of The Neverhood are working on a mobile version of it. Wonder How it holds up today.

There are some updates on their twitter account www.twitter.com/NeverhoodMobile

There's no official press release, so this could turn out to be a joke. A very mean joke.. :(

Guess I've never understood full classic games on mobile device, but sure I suppose it's good it gets released again somewhere.

I have always wanted to play this game.

But not on a phone. |:

Why does it say it's going to be for "mobile phones"? It might work on an iPad, but I don't see it working that well on a smaller screen without a zoom function.

I smell shenanigans! How come Doug Tennapel hasn't said a word about this yet? How come they aren't following Doug and viceversa?

Maybe this is just some fan trying to get The Neverhood on mobile phones? A fan of The Neverhood who doesn't know who Doug Tennapel is... And wants it on "mobile phones"? :erm:

Not to mention that the screenshots are not from the "mobile phone" game, the fool is posting photos of the soundtrack and the PC CD, that doesn't make sense even for possible unlockable bonus features.

I'm going to say either this is a very silly / insane fan or a troll.:tdown:

Why wouldn't it work? Broken Sword worked fine on an iPhone screen, I thought..

But yes, this does all sound a bit fishy. They are following Doug, though. But not vice versa.

Woah! He retweeted it? That's a good sign!

Broken Sword didn't need a zoom function for when you had to pixel hunt? All other adventure game ports to the iPhone that I played needed one.

It looks the "company" behind this is Bazinga Studios, which only has a Facebook page, which is even fishier.:hmph:

Who knows, maybe it's actually formed by people who actually worked on The Neverhood, but that doesn't mean they have any rights to make the game. The red tape they'll have to deal with might be a nightmare? But now that Doug has given the whole project some veracity, I'm feeling slightly less skeptical.

Hmm.. I can't remember. There might've been a zoom function. As far as I recall, there was just a "show-hotspots" button. I'll check. EDIT: Yeah, it shows the hotspots if you want to, but no zoom.

Anyways, Neverhood had some huge hotspots, right? Big buttons and not a lot of them per screen. And it zoomed in to a larger picture everytime you had to do something a bit more complicated (sliding puzzles.. ugh)

According to the Facebook page, they're still negotiating the rights.

Which would explain why the screenshots are obviously not mobile.