Sno

Ocarina of Time 3D

Double post!

Just finished the Shadow Temple. That was more messed up than I'm used to from Zelda. No wonder I stopped there the first time I played this game on N64. That creeped the hell out of 10 year old me, and I ended up putting the game down there until I was 12 or so. Whenever I've attempted a replay of the game since, I usually stop at the beginning of the Water Temple, so I've only been through that temple once, and it was 11 years ago. Don't get the complaints about the boss though. Wasn't so bad, nor particularly out of place for Zelda. Weird in general, and a bit goofy, but that's par for the course as far as I'm concerned. Anyway: on to Spirit! I remember this one being weird as shit and involving crazy time warps. Interested to see how long it takes me to work out.

Holy shit, you're serious? Bongo-Bongo (?) was all kinds of fucked up. The camera has no idea what to do with all the movement, so throughout the fight I was looking at the back wall instead of the boss, and the locking system really falls flat on its face during that fight.

Locking system served me just fine, and the camera as well. I didn't have a single bit of trouble with that fight. How do you have your L Targeting set up? Do you hold the button or does it stay on your target with just a click? I have it set to the latter. Maybe if you have it set to hold it's dodgier?

I had my first taste of the 3DS Ocarina of Time in Japan. There were demo units in various department stores and game shops and I played around with the demo machines.

The game played really smoothly and I really liked the 3D effect they built in Ocarina. The aiming with the gyro felt very natural to me. This seems to be the best game so far for 3DS, it's a shame I didn't have a chance to try out Starfox 64 3D, they had just released that and the absolutely fantastic looking red 3DS.

Now with the price going down soon I might go for the red one when it eventually comes to Europe. God damn region locking, that really pisses me off now and forever. Is there any news by the way about the red 3DS and it's western release?