Sno

Wherein half-remembered games are identified

On 6/18/2011 at 6:11 AM, Raff said:

My primary school had an Acorn computer in around 1997. We had Zool for it, but there was also an educational adventure game about Victorian England which seems oddly sophisticated in my memory of it. I remember an overhead view of a town, you could go into the various buildings (can only remember a clockmaker shop) and you were able to do some kind of time travel.

Sorry for the necropost, but just wanted to chime in that the Victorian game may have been Time Detectives - The Victorians.

Oh boy I got 2 games I can't find.

One is a Win 95 or 98 game, I'm sure it was in a window and not DOS. You flew from planet to planet and shot other space ships. The ships were all silly .jpgs and all the dialogue windows were shitty .jpgs. The entire universe (a 2D plane) was split into quadrants with lasers that maybe kill you if you passed em? There were wormholes to travel through, you could trade/fight/invest stocks??

It only had a skirmish mode where you added more and more AIs.

The other one is probably a DOS game, could have been a Win95 one too. You had an isometric perspective. It might have been a puzzle game or maybe an action game. The character you controlled was some sort of robot that had a giant ball instead of feet and it rolled around. You maybe collected gems or diamonds? It had a level selection screen. All the paths were marked in squares. The robot might have been light blue? The ground could have been mostly green.