colinp

Issues downloading old thumbs on iTunes

Nice job, Thompson, I've been wanting versions of several of those songs for a while.

Excellent! Except A Life Is Beautiful has a GURL in the middle of the usual sausage-fest. :erm:

Thompson... weird question maybe, but why are half of these mysteriously now m4a files?

I don't have the original MP3s of the Idle Music stuff and I think Chris's only copies are on a hard drive he pulled and put in the closet a while back... If anyone has the actual MP3 files we put out on the feed/site, I can restore them pretty quick at this point.

Also, I think the whole episode archive is back up online now. I'm re-downloading fresh copies of the whole thing off the RSS feed to check, though.

30 and 31 seem to be missing along with the two podblasts that were in between those(or before and after)

Thompson... weird question maybe, but why are half of these mysteriously now m4a files?

I don't have the original MP3s of the Idle Music stuff and I think Chris's only copies are on a hard drive he pulled and put in the closet a while back... If anyone has the actual MP3 files we put out on the feed/site, I can restore them pretty quick at this point.

Also, I think the whole episode archive is back up online now. I'm re-downloading fresh copies of the whole thing off the RSS feed to check, though.

I have all these in MP3:

A Letter to Edge

The Ballad of John Riccitello

The Fable of Love

The Fanboy's Lament

Remember

Sincerely These Nuts

Space Asshole

Stop (Doing Interviews)

The Wizard

Ultra Boost

Do you need me to put them up?

30 and 31 seem to be missing along with the two podblasts that were in between those(or before and after)

I've got these too if you need them Jake.

I have no idea, the ID3 tags all seem correct, at some point I guess they got converted somehow.

I know at least one huge giant corporation that does this. I'm not going to name names, but they rhyme with "Schnapple Schmomputers".

Edited by toblix

I'd love to get the missing music, Squid.

I have the missing episodes, but they're probably misnamed or linking incorrectly.

Sorry for the huge delay in getting this stuff back online.

Here's Wuxtry! in MP3 form.

I think that's the last one, but if anything is still missing, I have the whole podcast archive and all of the music that was linked from the front page as MP3s.

Since I started work in the summer, the thumbs have kept me company again with my classic listen through. It's been halted though and now my days are lonely.

Also, might I say, god damn, this was such a good podcast, I really miss it.

Here's Wuxtry! in MP3 form.

I think that's the last one, but if anything is still missing, I have the whole podcast archive and all of the music that was linked from the front page as MP3s.

I don't have the songs in MP3 form, so if you can upload them somewhere (or if you already have) please let me know!

Excellent! Except A Life Is Beautiful has a GURL in the middle of the usual sausage-fest. :erm:

That was Whitney Hills of Double Fine, who was supposed to be a guest but that episode was a lost one due to equipment failure of some sort. I think that was around the pinnacle of the Silent Hill noises.

Ok, here's the songs and 30-31. The tags might be a bit off on the songs because I redid them myself. I think they're set as Chris Remo for the artist and The Idle Thumbs Album for album.

I am missing a couple of the songs though, what I do have is in the list above.

Here is a zip of all of the songs I have. There's some overlap with Squid's, but whatever. I think they're the original files as they were on the site, unless iTunes did some weird transcoding to them for some reason.

I'd love to get the missing music, Squid.

I have the missing episodes, but they're probably misnamed or linking incorrectly.

Sorry for the huge delay in getting this stuff back online.

Thank you Jake! You're the best! No worries about the delay. :woohoo::clap:

:tup:

Thompson, Squid, and shammack, thanks for the help. This would have been an even more immeasurable pain in the ass without your cleverly archiving everything for us.

The whole archive should now be back complete, hosted on our Amazon S3 site.

Woo!

Thanks Jake! and to those you thanked.

I'll be smart this time and backup the copies, just in case.