Sign in to follow this  
Orv

Neptune's Pride Co-op, Sort Of

It was just luck I guess, because I just chose a faction randomly (maybe there should be an in-game random faction function). I think I kinda got lucky in having two outbreaks near me that just funneled into well defended bases.

If it wasn't for twmacb's help though I would've been hurting for funds.

The orc shaman spell is kinda ridiculous right now though. It's too good at taking out zombies. If they nerf it, they need to give Orcs a control style spell (like cyclops or ents).

Next time I play, I'll definitely hold out on buying as many armies at the start, and try to just reinforce a lot and start taking back cites.

Almost over. The last two blighted goblins should be crushed by my Dwarves in about an hour.

I definitely made a lot of mistakes throughout the game and I only started to realise some of them once it was all coming to an end so I'm keen to get into another game and see if I've learnt anything!

Props to you all for a great co-op experience though, much more pleasant than Neptune's Pride.

Yeah, despite my minor role in this blight I did quite enjoy it. It's cool to be involved in this sort of game with people who actually cooperate.

From a roleplay perspective I think I did all right at least, the staunch dwarves sitting in their impenetrable castles, rebuffing all attempts at entry.

I had fun. I am glad it ended just as I have to go back to work.

I am a little sad as there is only one article's worth of writing to do on it.

I had a good time, but I think the game has some problems. It's just not difficult enough. Nobody is ever in actual threat of losing major territories. In the end you're racing to get your armies to the zombies, and if they aren't very close to your territory you're just out of luck.

Actually, there was one point whereby if I hadn't been really lucky my treemen holding off an assault, my provinces would have been severed and my finances and armies in ruins.

I agree that it isn't particularly hard, but I think that is suitable for the style of game they are going for. This is supposed to be more relaxed and peaceful.

I would also agree that those Orc shamans are extremely powerful. I also reckon that they should adjust how the units level up. There were moments where it was too easy to farm levels by fighting lower level armies and leaping levels.

Still, a lot of fun and I would consider another game of it.

Orvidos, how customisable are the matches? If there were a way we could arrange a thumb night whereby it could be played more like a turnbased strategy game, then paused until the following week?