Sign in to follow this  
Orv

Neptune's Pride Co-op, Sort Of

I have a couple of questions I couldn't see answered in the tutorial. What happens when you attack a place with more than one army? Do you fight both? Does it work out 1 then the other or both combined? The reason I haven't attacked much is because I've never felt I could over come multiple armies at the places around me.

Also, can I move an army through another players territory without taking it as my own?

I agree with the need for a wiki CaptainFish.

I'm not certainly exactly how it works with two armies if they arrive at the same time, but yes you can move through other players' territory as long as it's on the no war setting. I think we're on no war setting?

From experience I know you fight both armies separately, starting with the strongest first. This is really good for well fortified places, because you can cause a lot of casualties with just the defense buffs.

I'm not sure if anyone knows this (I didn't), but taking blighted provinces gives you a decent gift of coins. I took Hog Ravine and received 7 Blue, 6 Green, 7 Yellow, 4 Orange, 19 Red, and 9 Purple. It seems to give a bonus to whatever color is the primary coin of the town.

From experience I know you fight both armies separately, starting with the strongest first. This is really good for well fortified places, because you can cause a lot of casualties with just the defense buffs.

This might not be true, I was going to login last night but had no internet connection, so i woke up this morning to find that I had been attacked, the brand new, puny forces I had picked up went first and were slaughtered.

This saddens me as I really needed that new army and the more experienced army would have been able to handle it on its own.

Yup, my 6 wizards just killed a bunch of zombies even though I had a force of 41 stationed there too. Luckily the town was fortified and there were no casualties.

I am going to write about this game. The post is private at the moment so let me know what you think.

I am entertaining doing weekly battle reports about it for the first month while I get my site's theme together. The reason I mention this is because my site is public and I will use screenshots from our actual game. I can blur everyone's name out of the screenshots and put the links for the posts in the multiplayer so you guys can approve it if need be... What do you say guys?

I think the weekly report thing is a good idea.

This might not be true, I was going to login last night but had no internet connection, so i woke up this morning to find that I had been attacked, the brand new, puny forces I had picked up went first and were slaughtered.

This saddens me as I really needed that new army and the more experienced army would have been able to handle it on its own.

I was really surprised to hear this. I guess it might be in reversed order when you're being attacked by zombies.

Edit: I just went back and checked, and my attacking Fay force definitely fought the stronger orc force and then after casualties fought the centaur force. It must be skewed in the blights favour. At least now i know to not leave my spell casters to get murdered at frontlines.

I had a similar surprise when a Zombie Goblin force attacked a well fortified base, and just ended up walking past it because of their ability. They're supposed to be hard to kill and retreat unless they are surrounded, but in this case they actually made headway into allied lands. The biggest bummer is, once it happened it was too late to do anything to stop it, because I didn't own the territory they were attacking and couldn't catch the goblins either.

It's really a bummer to have to second guess your actions in a game that seems hard enough already.

Edited by CaptainFish

I enjoyed the write up twmac. I'm fine with you doing more and taking pics.

I felt like I started to get a foothold in my area recently and then some nasty surges of undead activity occurred very close by! I'm struggling with getting a decent attacking force together to clear them out. My 100 strong treeman brigade is now licking it's wounds at 16.

At least Ethos seems to be doing better on the offensive front.

Thanks for the blessing.

I have updated the entry with a few screenshots and a header to make it a little more visually appealing.

I should have the first battle report (it won't be that good as I hadn't been taking notes) up on Sunday.

Also, Capitain Fish, I am so very sorry for my miscalculation:getmecoat

It's cool, I totally slept in and forgot to cast the fire spell, but that nymph force wasn't supposed to be that strong, and was too costly to reinforce anyway. I used the old orc ability to give half their strength to all nearby armies to make it much bigger than spellcaster forces should be, but regular reinforcements were still 8 coins for 2 units.

It allowed me to cast Fire Winds on a unit my orcs were attacking and save casualties there.

I had two of those blight surge provinces next to me a while back, and I just had to play defensively until the surge was over. They were both orc towns, and zombie orcs start at level 3, so it was tough to actually send out a unit and be sure it would actually overpower them.

This goblin thing is still grinding my gears. This time the goblins actually passed by my unit to go to my defended province behind them. I thought retreat at least meant they had to go to undefended lands. Now I have to wait for that unit to hit my other province, and I'm not even sure if they'll die when that happens.

I am glad that the nymphs survived at least.

Yeah, that Goblin thing is worrying. I am wondering if Entangle with avoid that. They seem to just be able to skip any fights they don't fancy being involved in, scary stuff.

I feel like I should probably be trying to push out somewhere, but there are just so many zombies several territories deep on every side that I'm too scared to press anywhere in case they just then flow over me.

Does anyone have any suggestions (I'm yellow) for which direction it might be sensible to attack in?

At least Ethos seems to be doing better on the offensive front.

Yeah, I just wish I was closer to the action. I'm starting to exploit my race's advantages:

*Merchants are RIDICULOUS! For 10 coins you can double all income from whatever territory they are at. I've been pumping them out and shuffling them into my territories to maximize my economy.

*Men are turbo boosters. For 1 blue coin you can instantly refresh a territory's force production. I'll soon have 5 squads on my Cyclops territory constantly refreshing it to stack my front line.

Still, I feel really disconnected because I'm way out there :(

I think I've figured out the goblin thing. They sacrifice 10 of their strength to avoid a fight they are going to lose. If they have less than 6-10, they are forced to fight. I'm not 100% clear on the mechanic but I believe 10 strength is a key number.

I feel like I should probably be trying to push out somewhere, but there are just so many zombies several territories deep on every side that I'm too scared to press anywhere in case they just then flow over me.

Does anyone have any suggestions (I'm yellow) for which direction it might be sensible to attack in?

Eldercourt and Eyebrow fort look like good places to attack, because the path of attack is the only way into your territories. Eldercourt is pretty nice because it has defenses, and you'll be able to build Wizards to weaken attacks. Worst case scenario, you see a large attack coming that you can't defend and you retreat, but you'll still reap the benefit of the reward money for taking the town.

Also, I feel stupid for not realising this but Brkl pointed out that the Blight don't get fortification bonuses on their castles.

Gwardinen, both Brkl and I are moving in your direction. Brkl is very much on the warpath and is decimating that comes in his way. My Tree men are extremely slow but are being boosted by Centaurs.

If you would like any support in conquest (ie: someone to reinforce your castles), I am going to be passing through there in the next 2 days and am willing to help. Send me a message via the game.

Gwardinen I've been secretly boosting your fey army with like 40 dudes :P I have purple territories I can't use... My advice is, it's good to be on the warpath because after a few fights your generals are tough enough to take on anything. There's a point after which you can just start pumping new guys into your 5+ dice armies without much fear of anything.

Gwardinen I've been secretly boosting your fey army with like 40 dudes :P I have purple territories I can't use...

Haha, that's awesome, thanks. I noticed the reinforcement symbol on that army and was thinking "well I did send some guys to reinforce them but surely it didn't take THAT long..."

Since some of you guys are now heading towards my kingdom I feel more secure pushing out in some other directions, I'm moving some forces about now and attacking a couple of places. One of the territories CaptainFish suggested capturing has just vomited forth a large army of undead towards me, so I'm going to let that break against my fortifications while I sneak around behind them with another army to take the now lightly defended enemy territory. Hopefully my defenders don't take too many casualties, they are only squishy fae.

By the way I still have a few orange and red coins floating around that I can't really use if anyone wants them. The only colours that are currently useful to me are yellow and purple.

Edit: No longer have any reds as I traded them with Captain Fish, many thanks to brkl for extra currency.

Edited by Gwardinen

I thought it was on normal...

Well it is pretty much wrapped up, I don't feel the need to login anymore as everyone seems to have it under control.

No chance of reaching any more zombies, though I've known for a while I wouldn't be able to catch up to red. I've played as red once and the points just seemed to rack up. That makes three of five games I've played won by the red player!

Yeah, in terms of the honor competition, I feel like getting places is unobtainable for me given how distant I am from the core zombie territories :(

Do you think the other maps are any different?

I'd agree that starting position seems to make a different in how well you personally do in the game. After taking out the hordes near me, I've not really stood much chance to get to the core areas.

I didn't think I'd say this, but I think I prefered it when you could buy up armies anywhere on the map rather than just those within 24hrs march. At least that way, you had a chance of getting to all the different blight areas.