Sign in to follow this  
toblix

6plinter Cell

So Jade Raymond of Assasin's Creed and being female fame and her 80 or so strong team at Ubisoft Toronto are hard at work at the next Splinter Cell, and judging by Assassin's Creed's recent rate of sequels, it'll be out some time next year. I wonder if they're going back to the sweet roots of the older games, or if the sales figures of their more recent pieces of shit have proven satisfactory. Maybe the change of studio will freshen things up.

I'm hoping maybe she'll take a bit of that "hiding in plain sight" thing that she started with Assassin's Creed and actually make it work right this time. If I'm not mistaken, Conviction was that originally, but the final product was not at all. If Splinter Cell 6 is going to improve the series' standing at this point, it had better do something really different from its predecessors. Aside from AC, what has Raymond worked on? I just remember her coming out of seemingly nowhere when that game was in production. This means that all I really know about her is that she made a really cool concept but flawed game that had a lot of potential but needed to be a bit more focused.

I've never really cared a lot about this series. I played the first one and beat double agent, but I don't think I'll touch the most recent one. I think I preferred it when it was a super hardcore, don't push the analog stick to far or they'll hear you stealth game, than an action movie game. If they go back to the super early style, I'll probably give it a try.

I've never really cared a lot about this series. I played the first one and beat double agent, but I don't think I'll touch the most recent one. I think I preferred it when it was a super hardcore, don't push the analog stick to far or they'll hear you stealth game, than an action movie game. If they go back to the super early style, I'll probably give it a try.

Go play Chaos Theory, yes right now, and experience one of the best games ever made. It was also headed up by Clint 'Far-Cry 2' Hocking.

Seriously do it.

Go play Chaos Theory, yes right now, and experience one of the best games ever made.

Chaos Theory is the zenith of the series, indeed.

I skipped Double Agent due a bad port for the pc and mediocre reviews. I probably would have bought Conviction for a reduced price, if it were not for the annoying copy protection which demands a permanent internet connection and halts the game whenever connection to the Ubisoft server is lost.

With this in mind, I won't bother with this next game, as long as there is no confirmation of a lack of this protection system.

Chaos Theory is the zenith of the series, indeed.

Co-op SC:CT is the best co-op experience I have ever had. Period. Parenthesis. Exclamation mark.

I like a lot of the systems they introduced for conviction, but I don't like how they marginalised the non-lethal stealth aspect of the game. I played through Chaos Theory with zero kills (except for the disappointing mandatory pseudo-cutscene ones). I want that to be a viable option again.

I like knowing I can murder everyone if I need to, but I enjoy choosing not to and having the game actually support that as a viable option.

I like a lot of the systems they introduced for conviction, but I don't like how they marginalised the non-lethal stealth aspect of the game. I played through Chaos Theory with zero kills (except for the disappointing mandatory pseudo-cutscene ones). I want that to be a viable option again.

I like knowing I can murder everyone if I need to, but I enjoy choosing not to and having the game actually support that as a viable option.

I played it exactly the same way. Conviction was such a disappointment after that. What the hell, UbiSoft? How could you make such a perfect game and then turn it into THAT?

EDIT: Also, I assume Raymond's MGS4 credit is due to there being an unlockable Altair costume for Snake. Probably a thanks or acknowledgement for that.