Sign in to follow this  
twmac

Two Worlds Too

This is one of those sequels to shit games that I expect to be pure unadulterated shit. And even if it isn't shit I expect I'll be as underwhelmed as I was with Oblivion and Sacred 2...

Yet, there is still a part of me that wants this to be good. I am very fond of Southpeak's releases (Stoked is the best snowboarding game since Amped 3, Blood Bowl came out on X360 and was fun) so I just hope it is better than the utter cluster-f*** that was Two Worlds (the draw distance was impressive and there were at least two enjoyable bits but that was that).

I just watched the new, generic fantasy world trailer on RPS and after the more self-deprecating fare of a few months ago I am at odds with what they are trying to accomplish.

Sorry, if this was a bit long and rambling with little direction. I suppose I wonder if anyone else feels the same way about Southpeak or another of the small publishers (I have a soft spot for Atlus and D3 too) or if anyone is looking forward to Two Worlds 2.

I don't know their other work but I TRIED to play Two Worlds, but didn't get that far. It seemed shit-ish, especially the writing and voices, but does it have any redeeming qualities?

I'm still thinking of playing either Two Worlds or Divine Divinity 2, but nowadays I don't have the time these big RPG-s demand (although... ahem. I guess I could play one instead of Minecraft).

Ego draconis: Divinity 2 is actually pretty good but extremely unforgiving.

Two worlds, it was mainly the draw distance and expansive world. so, yeah don't waste your times unless some one has modded the crap out of it on PC.

Bumping from the bottomless pit of the internet!!!

So I'm actually in the midst of playing this and it's like RPG fast food: lots of calories but almost all empty ones. The only thing really worth talking about is the game's spell making system. Essentially, you combine cards from an elemental group, add another that directs the spell (i.e. missile, enchantment, radius effect), then you add modifiers (is it offensive, defensive, timed, homing). As the game doesn't list out all the spells for you in one place, you end up experimenting with different combinations. While using the spells in combat is quite dull, discovering them and figuring out how to break the game with them is really fun.

Does any other game have a 'make your own spells' system? I want to say Oblivion did, but I never went deep into the magic skills in that game.

When the video store I worked at closed and we sold off all of our stock, one really rude guy bought up a ton of our stock so that he could rent it at his own store (which is illegal, by the way). He would let his kids run rampant in the place and was constantly interrupting us in the middle of dealing with customers to ask us what our best-renting games were so that he could buy them up.

I convinced him to buy like thirty copies of this game.

Never got round to playing it as there were too many other things on the menu.

That was from 3 years ago... I was very shouty then.

When the video store I worked at closed and we sold off all of our stock, one really rude guy bought up a ton of our stock so that he could rent it at his own store (which is illegal, by the way). He would let his kids run rampant in the place and was constantly interrupting us in the middle of dealing with customers to ask us what our best-renting games were so that he could buy them up.

I convinced him to buy like thirty copies of this game.

Best :tup:

One of my housemates gets really addicted to RPGs, even bad ones. Watching him thrash through Two Worlds was painful.

I liked the multiplayer design of Two Worlds. Too bad the actual game was pretty bad. I hope that Bethesda makes an Elder Scrolls game with small group multiplayer (MMOs don't count.)

Does any other game have a 'make your own spells' system? I want to say Oblivion did, but I never went deep into the magic skills in that game.

Try Magicka? All your spell making is done on the fly. Utter chaos, but the best kind.

Later games based on d&d have empowerments and meta magic which can alter spells somewhat, and of the warlock class is included (NWN2) they generate their spells by combining a few different defects for shape, Debuffs etc.