Sign in to follow this  
Thompson

Half Life 2: Episode 3

So Jennoa and I were chatting on Steam and it got around to the topic of Episode 3 and uhhh. What follows is an unedited transcript:

jennoa: I will agree that the best podcasts are the ones that feel like just a bunch of people sitting around and BSing about games. I had that same feeling from GFW Radio when it was around. What I did enjoy about the Irrational stuff is this: They're not really talking about the game directly. One show might be about what makes people scared. Another might be a few people from the office talking about old stories from past games. It's a very different kind of podcast, so I enjoyed how it humanized the people at Irrational. Ofcourse I don't really want every developer to do something like that. One podcast is enough

Thompson: That does sound interesting, i'll check it out. Did you see Gabe Newell's response to what scares players?

jennoa: No, what did he say?

Thompson: "The death of their children, the loss of their powers."

Thompson: Seriously.

jennoa: jeez

Thompson: What kind of bizarre episode 3 are they making?

jennoa: I fear for my future sanity

Thompson: Half-Life 2: Episode 3: SAW IV

jennoa: oh god no

jennoa: Half Life 2: Episode 3 Sophie's Choice

Thompson: That one went over my head.

jennoa: It's a movie about a haulocaust survivor who had to make a chioce between which of her childern lived or died

Thompson: Sounds like a good time.

jennoa: Great movie, hard as hell to watch

jennoa: I'd say Half Life 2: Episode 3 The Road, but that's pretty much what Half Life is already

Thompson: Again, over my head. I'm not a big movie guy.

jennoa: That one's a book. Post-apocaliptic story about a father and boy waling through the runis of the world

jennoa: *walking

Thompson: I'm even less of a book person.

Thompson: You're right about that being Half Life 2 though

jennoa: All that book needed are som slug aliens and an evil doctor and valve would have a lawsuit on its hands

Thompson: Also to replace the boy with a woman who is constantly swooning over the man despite the man being a killing machine who never says anything.

jennoa: It's not too far off. The boy in the book is always dotting around the father. And the father pretty much has to kill everyone they meet.

Thompson: haha

Thompson: You know i've been thinking about episode 3

Thompson: Apart from things like Alyx dying or even you dying or both or even a portal cross over, i'm wondering if this whole weird romance thing is going to come to any sort of head

Thompson: and if so

Thompson: will we see the world's first first person kiss? they did the world's first first person hug.

Thompson: and if so, how the hell will they do that? it would just be an extreme closs up of part of alyx's face

jennoa: What they would do is this: the kiss will be seen from the reflection of a mirror, you'll see Gordon's dead serial killer eyes staring back at you through the mirror as the two kiss. Fade to black

Thompson: oh shit

Thompson: that's horrifying

Thompson: but I don't want to see gordon

jennoa: No you know what keeps Gabe Newell up at night

Thompson: there's no way valve can take you out of the character

jennoa: *Now

Thompson: Oh I think I know what keeps Gabe up at night

jennoa: Oh it won't be from third person

jennoa: You'll be staring around the head of Alex at the mirror

Thompson: oh, jesus

Thompson: extreme head angles

jennoa: yeah, if they can figure the tech out

jennoa: it'll be amazing / awfu;

Thompson: NVidia PRESENTS:

Thompson: Kiss Tech

Thompson: Featuring: Realtime head angles

Thompson: It's almost as stupid as cloth physics

Thompson: That can be the tagline

jennoa: Sounds amazing

Thompson: If Alyx dies will Gordon finally snap and fucking murder everyone?

jennoa: Yes, the camera will pull back to reveal her severed head in his arms

Thompson: and then he kisses it using nvidia physics

jennoa: Right. On the PS3 port you'll have optional MOve support

Thompson: HAHAHA

Thompson: Port to XBox just for Kinect support

Thompson: so you're forced to hold it

jennoa: yeah, they'll ship an ALyx head peripheral

Thompson: Creepy internet dudes will turn that into a sex toy in like 2 seconds flat

Thompson: It's just a bad idea

jennoa: ohh, didn't think of that

Thompson: Unless Episode 3 goes hardcore edgy

jennoa: Right, just in time for the Gordon, Alyx, and chick from Protal three way

Thompson: Put it on Wii so you have to use the weird Wii controller condom thing

Thompson: It would be perfect on the Wii, the name is right there

Thompson: implement the horsebag somehow

jennoa: For the horsebag there will be a hidden room that can only be entered if the player is sitting on the bag

Thompson: Ride a strider!

Thompson: Maybe ride dog, except make it a big dog just for jake.

Thompson: Use the vitality sensor to detect Jake and enable secret big dog content

jennoa: hahahah

jennoa: Yeah, that needs to be in there

Thompson: If it includes an Alyx head sex toy IGN.com can really say that it will blow you away. har har har

jennoa: I just hit the hi-hat on my drums

You're welcome to talk about anything Episode 3 related not just.... that.

I'll kick things off. Will the portal make a single appearance, or will Gordon get an upgraded gravity gun that contains portal tech?

I'll kick things off. Will the portal make a single appearance, or will Gordon get an upgraded gravity gun that contains portal tech?

The latter.

The only thing that comes out of the portals will be Alyx's severed head.

Fin.

So, what I've learnt about HL2 Ep3 is that Thompson doesn't read books or watch films.

So, what I've learnt about HL2 Ep3 is that Thompson doesn't read books or watch films.

I hardly ever read anything but I do watch the occasional film. I don't have time for no damn reading. :fart:

it's [noparse]:tup: only :getmecoat is without the trailing :[/noparse]

Was it really worthy of a :getmecoat ?

Considering I despise Half-Life, no, it ain't.

I do agree with this fact.

Spammers!

I do wonder about Valve's "three pretty big surprises" that will be revealed over the next twelve months.

I am going to bet that none of them are Half-Life 2: Episode Three or anything else Gordon Freeman related. We will hear nothing about Half-Life until Fall 2011 at the earliest.

Will the portal make a single appearance, or will Gordon get an upgraded gravity gun that contains portal tech?

They're actually going to do a crossover with Left 4 Dead. Gordon will grow a Smoker tongue.

Bonus point for horse bag reference. Also, I do agree with this fact.

MineCraft?

New world-building features for Left 4 Dead 3 confirmed!

Join Bill, Francis, Zoey, and Louis as they frolic with blocky, bouncy animals by day. Then it's back to good ol' zombie killing by night.

Spammers!

I do wonder about Valve's "three pretty big surprises" that will be revealed over the next twelve months.

I am going to bet that none of them are Half-Life 2: Episode Three or anything else Gordon Freeman related. We will hear nothing about Half-Life until Fall 2011 at the earliest.

They're actually going to do a crossover with Left 4 Dead. Gordon will grow a Smoker tongue.

I wonder, do the Steam Wallet/TF2 micro-transactions count as one, maybe two?

New world-building features for Left 4 Dead 3 confirmed!

Join Bill, Francis, Zoey, and Louis as they frolic with blocky, bouncy animals by day. Then it's back to good ol' zombie killing by night.

500x_c9ity.jpg