Wubbles

The Bethesda Podcast, featuring Nick Breckon

As a fan of games, I've always been curious about how they come into existence, but it's still a pretty nebulous concept to me. I took a computer science class once where I learned FORTRAN 77 and wrote some little math programs. It's like that, right?

2aCxJBbqzS0

For the eighth time, it's the Bethesda Podcast.

This one's a postmortem on Oblivion and it's pretty interesting. It also sounds like Nick might have taken some editing tips (assuming that Nick edits the podcasts) from Irrational Interviews.

For the eighth time, it's the Bethesda Podcast.

This one's a postmortem on Oblivion and it's pretty interesting. It also sounds like Nick might have taken some editing tips (assuming that Nick edits the podcasts) from Irrational Interviews.

Oh man, this was a really phenomenal podcast, i absolutely love this kind of behind-the-scenes stuff.

Quite amazing that they managed to record the podcast on a crowded street in India!

I sort of fell behind on these (read: utterly forgot) and I had kind of decided to avoid them anyway because I almost agreed with the sentiments of Jared, that it was mostly marketing. But the Oblivion Retrospective cast brought it home to me. I've always really admired Bethesda and Todd Howard, and now I can admire the rest of their developers as well for always been as awesome as I've imagined.

I have no doubt that there are quite a few large studios that are filled to the brim with cool, intelligent people, but Bethesda is just that in my mind, and now I have minor confirmation. It's always cool to hear developers reminisce about their old games, it's one of my favorite attributes of video game development. Probably some of the coolest stories in professional jobs that aren't say, rocket science, come from that.

And I just bought FO3:GOTY because I never properly played FO3, and damnit, I have time to kill before Skyrim. (Though not nearly as much as it once seemed.)

Just started blasting through these. The best thing about listening to John Carmack talk is that you get to learn new words, like "Contiguous" and "Circuitous".

Also Congrats Nick.

Huh? I don't see any new podcast in there? Last one is from November?

Ahh shit with my browser, it looked like mikemariano's comment was the latest new one... I didn't check the date.

I just listened to the lastest Bethesda podcast about Skyrim mods and the Steam Workshop.

At the very end of the episode, a dubstep remix of the Oblivion theme comes on.

Shame on you, Nick Breckon!