Sign in to follow this  
Thyroid

And Yet It Moves

Indie games' video games' latest triumph.

Half the really interesting games are coming to Wii and Wiiware. The other half is on XBLA and PSN, and I can't buy 'em. Why? Because I love these small, weird, experimental games.

Therefore my life as a gamer sucks donkey.

Anyways, anyone here whose life DOESN'T suck donkey play this? What did you think? Discuss in 500 or more words, for a max of 30 points.

I bought and played the PC version on Steam a while ago. It's... okay. Frankly I found it to be one of those games that theoretically has a lot of potential but doesn't really deliver. Maybe the WiiWare version (which I hear allows full rotational control, as opposed to only four directions in the PC version) is better! I don't know!

It's cool that these indie darling games Cave Story, Super Meat Boy, AYIM etc... are coming out on consoles lately, certainly it will draw at least a few people into the world of indie games who wouldn't have explored it otherwise.

Well, I'm still waiting for Cave Story to be released in European Wiiware. I hope that happens during this year. Would be a bit of a shame if European customers should have to wait a full year after the US people got the game.

Super Meat Boy is coming soon and a new Bit.Trip game is coming along as well. Things are looking pretty sweet in the indie world of gaming.