Garple

Tokyo Jungle

Yeah, that's one of the sadder story missions. Some are sad, some are hilarious, some are bit frustrating, but they are all a bit crazy.

Just wait till you get to the mission where a pack of predators is oddly familiar.

I always unlocked a new animal in survival mode and used that one to unlock the next story level to keep things balanced.

Got the Retriever last night, and am going through unlocking more of the animals rather than focusing on the story. I should probably get on that though as it is nice to have those unlockables as further incentive to explore.

This is a great game to dip in and out of.

Anybody else pick this up on the 99 cent sale this weekend?  Game is great, but I feel like I'm terrible at survival mode. 

Anybody else pick this up on the 99 cent sale this weekend?  Game is great, but I feel like I'm terrible at survival mode. 

I say, focus on unlocking the first few carnivores and herbivores. The starting animals are weak, obtuse, and hard to play without someone else doing co-op, which is strongly recommended anyway. I got really far as a pair of Shika deer with my friend's niece, so it might even be a good cross-generational game, so long as you don't mind the animal sex.

I say, focus on unlocking the first few carnivores and herbivores. The starting animals are weak, obtuse, and hard to play without someone else doing co-op, which is strongly recommended anyway. I got really far as a pair of Shika deer with my friend's niece, so it might even be a good cross-generational game, so long as you don't mind the animal sex.

I played a few more rounds, and unlocked a few more animals (gazelle, cat and pig).  Once I realized how to focus on certain of the random goals to achieve unlocks, it made survival make more sense than trying to milk each run for as long as possible. 

I did do co-op with my wife a bit.  I'm tempted to spend the 99 cents on buying one of the robo-dogs through DLC.  Not having to manage age or mating with one half of co-op would make it more enjoyable for us I think.  Plus this is one of those games I almost feel bad having bought on such a cheap sale, seems more fair to spend a bit on the DLC given how much I am digging it. 

I played a few more rounds, and unlocked a few more animals (gazelle, cat and pig).  Once I realized how to focus on certain of the random goals I did do co-op with my wife a bit.  I'm tempted to spend the 99 cents on buying one of the robo-dogs through DLC.  Not having to manage age or mating with one half of co-op would make it more enjoyable for us I think.  Plus this is one of those games I almost feel bad having bought on such a cheap sale, seems more fair to spend a bit on the DLC given how much I am digging it. 

I'm really conflicted about if I should comment about the robo-dog and if you should buy it. One one hand what I'm going to say is sort of a spoiler, but on the other hand it might be good to know. I'll just spoiler tag it and you can read it if you want to.

The robo-dog is the last unlock in the game, and also the subject of the plot's last big revelation. If you buy it, your co-op experience might be better, but if you are invested in playing through the full arc of the game, you might want to hold off.

I'm really conflicted about if I should comment about the robo-dog and if you should buy it. One one hand what I'm going to say is sort of a spoiler, but on the other hand it might be good to know. I'll just spoiler tag it and you can read it if you want to.

The robo-dog is the last unlock in the game, and also the subject of the plot's last big revelation. If you buy it, your co-op experience might be better, but if you are invested in playing through the full arc of the game, you might want to hold off.

Yeah, I already spoiled that for myself just browsing the DLC.  I was looking at it just to see what was there, saw the dog, looked up some stuff about it, and thus spoiled.  This isn't a game where I'm terribly invested in the story, I'm more interested in the experience of playing, so if the robo-dog makes that better, then I will probably pick it up.  Plus I have like $2.60 in my PSN wallet and it may never get spent given how rarely I buy stuff on the PS3 store.  At this point I think its been there for more than 2 years, when I deposited like $20 forever ago. 

The thing with co-op I found most frustrating was both of us having to mate.  The way it played out, it seemed like we were in an almost constant cycle of one of us aging and not being able to really pursue challenges very effectively because of that.  Maybe once we're more skilled it wouldn't be that bad, but for now it takes some of the fun out of just being able to pursue challenges or do whatever the hell we want without being tied to a 7-8 year cycle of mating.