Thyroid

I hate you, Sony

<rant>

So I finally get my paycheck yesterday. I am ready to buy stuff! So I head to PSN and say yes, I would like to buy Deathspank.

Problem: I can't change my country. I'm stuck on USA. So the billing information doesn't work.

Okay, fine. Create another account.

Problem: <country name here> isn't listed.

So how am I supposed to buy Deathspank? I have a credit card with a <country name here> address stuck on.

They've been driving me crazy for the past 3 hours. There's no way I can get around this. Ugh. Anyone know a way around this?

</rant>

I've read you can buy PSN cards online and instead of waiting for it to be delivered they simply email the code to activate it*. So there's that. I'm not sure if the entropy (digital credit) card stuff still works though, as PSN was recently altered going off the amount of complaining on neogaf, so probably worth checking if that's the case.

I've never used either option so I don't know how they work, or if they work. [/disclaimer]

*just did a quick check on video gamesplus.ca where I occasionally import PS3/PSP games from and they do the PSN card stuff online, but its for canadian accounts only... so you just have to find a US site who does the same.

I'll look into that, but I'll do it as a last resort. Aiyee, karamba. This backwards world is run old school dinosaurs. Someone explain how stupid this is to Sony.

I think everyone feels the same way, but there's obviously some boring reason for it all.

Yeah I don't see why your country should bar you from making a purchase from a valid international type (Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Cirrus) credit card, since you could go to most countries and buy from a store or ATM with the same card, but oh well, I guess Sony doesn't want to take your money.

Do they really not expect anyone from Jordan to play Playstation?

I think Cigol's right in saying your possible best bet is to get a PSN card from Amazon or somewhere. Only problem is I bet Amazon would classify it as a "video game" and Amazon websites won't ship video games internationally. They apparently don't allow their third party sellers to do so either.

*just did a quick check on video gamesplus.ca where I occasionally import PS3/PSP games from and they do the PSN card stuff online, but its for canadian accounts only... so you just have to find a US site who does the same.

I wonder how illegal it would be for me to create a Canadian PSN account...

Wtf?

Hello <Kroms>,

We apologize for any inconvenience you are having with changing the country associated with your PlayStation®Network account.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the country your account is associated with. For customer service support outside North America (US and Canada) please visit the following URL and choose the appropriate country or region:

http://www.playstation.com/country-selector/

If you are unable to locate your country or region by visiting the above link, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) may not have authorized PlayStation® distribution centers in your area.

Regards,
*snipped*

Ugh. So, what. I live in Fnarg, so I can't buy PSN games? Am I not allowed to get excited for shit now because it's on PSN? The fuck is this.

I wonder how illegal it would be for me to create a Canadian PSN account...

It's against their terms and conditions, not a criminal offence. I suspect you won't be the first person to resort to it either.

Do you know anyone else who owns a PS3 or are you the only cool person in Jordan? Because I'm sure your fellow countrymen know the best and cheapest way to go about it. I read a lot about people using PSN cards and buying from these foreign stores all the time though, so it must be pretty common. There's also game sharing which is another (if messier) option.

This shit happened to me to, except I have a US account and reside in Canada. Don't ask me why, I just do.

At the time, I had purchased a PSN card from my local retailer, but of course it didn't go through because of the region lock deal. I had no idea they don't allow you to change your country.

In my case, instead of creating another account, I just bought a prepaid mastercard and that went through just fine. So all my games are on one account even if they are not on a Canadian account.

EDIT: I still have the PSN card lying around. If anyone out there with a Canadian account can make use of it just PM me.

Nothing worked. Went to the bank, they're being jerks. I don't suppose anyone here wants a game on Steam that's priced anywhere from $15 to $20? I'll gladly buy you that game if you can gift me Deathspank. PM if you're interested...

PS: And I really do mean that you want a game, and want it now. $15 (because that's Deathspank's price) up to $20 (because it's only fair that you get paid a little extra, I guess). Remember: Steam. For some odd reason, GOG won't let me buy stuff from them either.

If this is not an open invitation for a PS3 hacking enclave to open in Jordan, I don't know what is.

i think you have very strong reason to hate it and i will think as you man....:yep:

That's right Kroms, BE A MAN!

(Also, the username Johnny has seriously not been used up to this point?!)

@Kroms: Haha, I'm totally with you man. This kind of shit has been part of my gaming life since I first became aware of video games. Sucks, for both of us.. And the world!

Also this happens to my for a lot of Youtube videos. They are just blocked(and it suspiciously happens with a lot of Sony stuff).

If this is not an open invitation for a PS3 hacking enclave to open in Jordan, I don't know what is.

Without the competition of piracy, I believe customers would be even more fucked than we already are. :oldman: