toblix

BioShock Infinite

Ken Levine talks about this boxart.

Yea I hope you're happy Kotaku, NeoGaf, 4chan etc! You've actually made this company come out and EXPLAIN it's boxart ya weird jerks.

You suck, Video game fans.

You should read the last several posts. :tup:

Bullet-spong-shock infinite

I hate bullet sponges so much. Maybe I'll just do a 'deadly premonition' and play it on the easiest difficulty because I want to experience the game but I don't want to fire 50 bullets into an enemy that reacts like you're firing spitballs

I must admit to finding some of the bullet sponginess troubling in the Infinite trailer shown at the VGAs. But that's something that was true in the first BioShock as well.

I found that whole cover art thing fatiguing. It's almost a tradition that the BioShock series' marketing materials straight up misrepresent what is interesting about the game in favour of talking about what's going to sell copies. And it worked, and it made them mad bank, and the people who were looking for a sober, mature storyline found out about the game anyway.

And there will be reversible covers so once the box has done its job of selling it to the uninformed consumer you can put a nice cover on there.

Moreover I don't really think you're going to get nearly as vividly realised a world from an indie downloadable game. It's basically just Take Two who have the combination of money and patience to let teams do this kind of thing, but I think the artform would be poorer if no-one was trying.

Really? She's warring something halfway sensible now? Awesome!

Yep. She's wearing a dress that fully covers up her chest. Thankfully they didn't give in to the frat boys on that. Unless it ends up dramatically popping open when they're attacked by that bird-guy, revealing her desirables.. I didn't watch the entire footage, though, so that may happen there already.

I've played enough video games to know that in ye olden times wenches had their norks spilling out all over the shit

I saw that Ken actually had to go on record about this and say that its just a costume she wears at the beginning of the game and not a whole new look

Maybe this was linked earlier in the thread. Basically, Levine's disappointed that everyone is being so pervy and focusing on her boobs. He thinks people should look more at her eyes, and the male character is good looking too and why isn't someone complaining about that?

I seriously think he needs to ignore all this bullshit and just stay true to his art, stop trying to appease everyone one and explaining every action

Maybe the only reason people are complaining so much is because they know they can get a reaction out of him. If irrational games just unapologetically stone walled all these fuckers would there be as much hoohar?!?

tits! deal with it

He should do that, but he won't. The more he addresses random internet commenters, the more people hear about Bioshock Infinite, the more copies it sells. I mean, these are people making uninformed comments based on 3 minute gameplay videos of a game that is months away from being released! And he's treating it like a real conversation (even though he's in possession of way more knowledge obviously). It's a perfect internet bubble marketing storm, really.

You're absolutely right keep feeding that fire. By Jove ken is a darstadly genius

Ken should say next week that since the VGA trailer and the backlash they've enlarged her breasts further to get some continuity between them and bookers monster hands

As for booker... He looks different in every image I've seen of him, he's changed from a pretty boy with floppy hair to don draper in the space of six months

I seriously think he needs to ignore all this bullshit and just stay true to his art, stop trying to appease everyone one and explaining every action

Maybe the only reason people are complaining so much is because they know they can get a reaction out of him. If irrational games just unapologetically stone walled all these fuckers would there be as much hoohar?!?

tits! deal with it

No one is up in arms about the size of her breasts or that she has boobs or that she's bootiful, or whatever! It's the fact that a concept artist, then a modeler and then a texture artist went ahead and made the world's largest cleavage on her and then featured that in all screenshots. He can talk all he wants about silhouettes, eyes and whatnot. There's a still a massive cleavage there that didn't need to be there.. especially if Ken wanted people to focus on her eyes and her personality.

Also, covering up her boobs does not make her the equivalent of a man with a spare tire.. That is the worst argument ever. Or is the argument everyone else is having that she should be uglier?

the equivalent of a man with a spare tire

Jesus, that has to be the most disenchanted definition of "woman" I've ever laid my eyes upon. It sounds so sad and hints at terrible personal experience.

It's not "frat boys", it's the mainstream gamer they're after. People like us are going to play Bioshock Infinite because we were fans of System Shock and Bioshock -- the cover doesn't matter. To the majority of gamers who are unaware of these games, it's important that the cover appeal to them. (I don't see what's so difficult to understand about this!)