Sign in to follow this  
monkeyarmada

APB - All Points Bulletin

Right then, APB is up and running with the early access pre order whatnot at the moment. So if anyone is playing this then please add your gamertags and probably the server you are playing on to this thread. I'll try and keep this post up to date with a definitive list.

Gamer tags for server Obeya

APB gamer tag : Thumbs forum tag

Monkeyarmada : monkeyarmada

Edited by monkeyarmada
Formatting for clarity

Lonely!

Well, it's just not that good, I've played it for about 25 hours now and two things spring to mind as problems. The repetitiveness of the missions is really high, and the small reward you get for grinding through them makes it all seem a bit futile. The other problem is the driving and shooting, It's just so unsatisfying. Shooting is little more than spraying bullets in a general direction and the driving feels just as vague.

I'm probably going to save my game time for a few months and try again, to see if any updates have improved things.

Right now APB = 4/10

It looks like APB's days could well be numbered...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-11003456

Bummer.

Well, piss.....

It's a bit dog eat dog out here in the big bad world, survival of the fittest and all that. It seems to me that Realtime have over reached and put their eggs in one basket. Kinda wish I'd dropped my thirty quid on a good indie game now.

The APB blog is quite upbeat about the effect it'll have on the game, but to be honest, my interest has wained and it'll take a lot to win it back.

http://eu.apb.com/en/news/announcements/2010/08/17/the-future-of-apb

I feel sorry for the developers who've been fucked over, that's a lot of people to dump into what must be a pretty tight employment sector. Hopefully there will be a crop of indie studios popping up out of the redundancies.

S.

Hopefully those guys can keep going, they make neat things, even if I didn't think APB was interesting enough to try.

Though I'm guessing the living successor would be Ruffian.

Also I found this quote to be particularly hilarious;

We need Dundee and the whole of Scotland to be a world leader in computer games.

Really, you need Dundee to be the world leader in this? Don't you actually just need a pretty solid industry going, do you really need to be the world leader when you currently have like one company making PC games and its about to close?