Patters

Awesome Boardgames online.

With it being quite apparent that plenty of people here enjoy great board games, I reckon it would be good to have a few games of something relatively simple: Catan, Dominion and Carcassonne are playable online here for free, among plenty of others. Skype would be ideal for communication.

Who would be interested in this?

I would be interested although I have no idea how to play any of those gamew you mentioned :grin:

That's simply a matter of learning as you go, a technique as old as the board game itself.

I'd be interested. My friends moved the game night to a night that I find it very hard to make it to with any regularity, so I'm going into a bit of withdrawl. I also have Catan and Carcassonne on XBLA, and have been meaning to pick up Ticket To Ride for a long time, so if anyone else owns it I could be persuaded very qickly.

I'm up for both XBLA and that other thing, whichever gets the most players.

I'm dibkins on brettspiel. Up for catan or carcassone.

Is it like Neptune's pride in that it's slow or is it like Neptune's pride in other ways?

It's a shame the board game thing doesn't have Imperial. I really want to play it, but have no takers among my friends(also I have no friends where I live now, lol)

Diplomacy online usually has a 1 day per move (turn based) so it can be quite slow. Though since the game is all about communication and being a conniving bastard you do need that time!

Imperial is totally available on brettspielwelt, and I'm always up for that.

Note that it is the original Imperial, not the sequel Imperial 2030 that the pod-people talks about. The difference is largely in balance, 2030 is more about expansion while regular imperial is more about conflict between nations, and it's on a map of Europe instead of the whole world.

The game-mechanics are sort of unusual, and the interface, while fully functional, does a real bad job of explaining anything so if you haven't played one of the games you might be in for some trouble. But with half-an-hour spent learning it's not a big problem.

It could be cool to get together 4-6 players for an online game of Imperial, but beware that we are talking about an entire-evening commitment here. I've played matches that went on for five hours.

So, yes. I'm totally up for that.

I'm in, pending being able to take a whole evening^^

Imperial is totally available on brettspielwelt, and I'm always up for that.

Note that it is the original Imperial, not the sequel Imperial 2030 that the pod-people talks about. The difference is largely in balance, 2030 is more about expansion while regular imperial is more about conflict between nations, and it's on a map of Europe instead of the whole world.

The game-mechanics are sort of unusual, and the interface, while fully functional, does a real bad job of explaining anything so if you haven't played one of the games you might be in for some trouble. But with half-an-hour spent learning it's not a big problem.

It could be cool to get together 4-6 players for an online game of Imperial, but beware that we are talking about an entire-evening commitment here. I've played matches that went on for five hours.

So, yes. I'm totally up for that.

I know 2030 it's simple once you've got the hang of it, though quite intimidating if you haven't. I'd say it would be better for those with a decent amount of board game experience.