Sign in to follow this  
Snooglebum

Thanks, Idle Thumbs!

Here's a story that might amuse.

I'm a big audio guy. It's rare that you'll see me without my trusty iPod, or some other device on. That's not to say I shut out the world, if someone starts talking to me, I pull off my headphones and start listening intently.

I'm also big on re-listening to podcasts. Especially Idle Thumbs. There's something about the podcast that makes the old episodes never get old. I've listened to those episodes so much that they've become the sonic equivalent of comfort food for me.

This came is handy a few days ago, when I was in more pain then I had ever been in my life.

At 4 AM last Sunday, I had an extremely violent Grand Mal seizure, dislocating both my arms, nearly biting through my tongue, and straining every muscle in my body. I wasn't aware of the seizure at the time, all I knew was I woke up, and my arms were on fire and almost immobile.

Know which podcast I listened to on the way to the hospital, to take my mind off the pain, before I finally got some sedative in me? Idle Thumbs.

Thanks, thumbs!

I'm not sure why I'm posting my little sob story to this forum, I just thought it might warm your collective hearts to hear about this.

Snoogle, that is a major tonic clonic (the new term for Grand Mal) seizure dude:eek: Dislocating both your arms is immense. Glad you're ok but whoa, medication check needed maybe?!

So, uh... Now you can write in the Injuries that prevented gaming thread.. :X Man, that is rough! I hope you're ok now. Yikes.

So, uh... Now you can write in the Injuries that prevented gaming thread.. :X Man, that is rough! I hope you're ok now. Yikes.
Heh, I already did. I think I actually said why it happened. TLDR version: lack of sleep.

I chipped a bone in my left arm, so it's still in a sling. I eagerly await my doctor's appointment on Friday, to see if I need surgery or not. Hopefully not. Other then that, I didn't do any damage to myself that won't heal on its own. :woohoo:

Oh, I just read it now. So, uh, you have Shattered Horizons? We should play. When your arms are operational that is. As long as it's not too late.

Wow, that is some crazy shit.

Relieved that you're relatively okay, heal quickly!

Podcasts give me great comfort whenever I'm in a dark place, in my depressive states having something to laugh and at and escape to is invaluable.

Damn, glad you seem to be good now. I'd be freaking out if that happened to me.

Oh, I just read it now. So, uh, you have Shattered Horizons? We should play. When your arms are operational that is. As long as it's not too late.
We should! I could probably play now, my hands work fine; it's my arms that hurt to move.
Wow, that is some crazy shit.

Relieved that you're relatively okay, heal quickly!

Podcasts give me great comfort whenever I'm in a dark place, in my depressive states having something to laugh and at and escape to is invaluable.

This.

Holy shit, that's extreme, Snoogle! I'm not really familiar with a 'grand mal' or 'tonic clonic', but it sounds terrifying, waking up and having sprained and dislocated everything.

Holy shit, that's extreme, Snoogle! I'm not really familiar with a 'grand mal' or 'tonic clonic', but it sounds terrifying, waking up and having sprained and dislocated everything.
It was... surprising, to say the least. :yep: