Sign in to follow this  
Sully907

Super Thumb Fighter 4

Who else is picking this up? I grabbed it this morning and it's exactly what you expect, more street fighter 4, but that's just fine by me. I recently got an arcade stick, switching from a pad, so I'm still trying to get use to that, but I'm down to play some other thumbs people on the PS3 version. My PSN Tag is Sully907, everyone post your tags here and let's get to fighting!

Mine is apparently at my apartment waiting for me to get home. I have it on 360 only, I don't want (can't afford) to purchase a Tournament Edition stick for both systems, but my Xbox name is Gravy Robber. I'll be playing it later tonight if anyone else is on...

My girlfriend already made the joke, "You're paying $40 just for some new characters? You're still going to just play the same guy (Ryu) again and again and again!"

Not true! I want to pick up Guy, he was my main in SF:A3

I have it on order for when it comes out over here (Friday), 360, I'm Patters666 on XBL.

I'm guessing you like Abel? I recently fought the best Abel I've every played.

It was traumatic...

Yeah, I main him, with Ryu, Bison being other favourites, I'm likely to pick up a bit of Guile, Cody. I'm not very good, though I occasionally manage to pull off something completely rad.

Every time I do a hadouken at a downed Abel with meter, and they Ultra me from across the screen I die a little inside...

"autotwilo" on PSN, let's get this hype train rolling :D

I main Chun and I'm thinking of picking up Ibuki as a second, although the new Guile changes might make him worth having as a secondary as he isn't all that different to Chun now that he has some good links and a decent anti-shoto ultra.

Ibuki is fun as hell!

I definitely think I will hit a ceiling with her, due to her insane execution requirements, but right now she's a blast. I really haven't moved beyond tricks & shenanigans, but they work at the moment since few have any experience playing against her yet.

I really haven't moved beyond tricks & shenanigans, but they work at the moment since few have any experience playing against her yet.

She sure has some fine shenanigans :) Once I get the target combos to muscle-memory it should be a bit easier to get the mixups and hitconfirms going.

I played against one Ibuki online (as Chun) which was interesting, it took me a while to get used to where shurikens go and hazanshu past them which she actually beat with her HCB-P command grab to my astonishment.

I am absolutely in love with the Replay channel, so great being able to look over your own games without owning a whole bunch of recording equipment. Just watching one or two of my own games again has improved my play a lot, and shown me some stuff I need to work on Training Mode.

Best €30 I ever spent :D

"You have no dignity!"

Hello! I have a copy of this, a Hori EX2, an Xbox and some slightly bad RSI when I play too much. My gamertag is PalefaceX. I like Abel, Sagat, Ryu, Dudley, and Ibuki. I like this game a lot.

"You have no dignity!"

Hello! I have a copy of this, a Hori EX2, an Xbox and some slightly bad RSI when I play too much. My gamertag is PalefaceX. I like Abel, Sagat, Ryu, Dudley, and Ibuki. I like this game a lot.

Tell me about it, I've had carpal tunnel syndrome in my joystick hand for the last week :P

I've been working on Juri for the last few days, it's taking me a while to get used to her normals but she seems to have some good tools and a bit of crossover with Chun (like she has a toned down version of chun's neutral j.HK, a knockdown HK version of chun's MK headstomp, an air-to-air juggling punch and good anti-air c.MP).

It's taking me a while to get the timing right on her Ultra-2 setups but it was the same for chun landing the various juggle-Ultras on different size characters. Her sweep is godawful which is taking some getting used to as chun's is very very good, and she has a terrible walking speed which makes it very hard to tick-throw (though she has an ok kara-throw which compensates a little).

Having successfully used the Pringles mod on one of my 360 pads, I still wasn't happy with it for SSFIV. Fortunately, the MadCatz pad I ordered last weekend turned up yesterday and, so far (only an hour or so's testing), the game is a lot more fun for me now.

So, if anyone fancies beating the snot out of a pun-filled punchbag, hit me up on Xbox Live some time. I need to work on my Sagat and Gouken.

Are we going to get a regular night going, though? Patters, n0wak and myself had a knock-about last week and it was much fun. And the new lobby system is a gajillion miles better than the old Xbox Live Party round-robin approach of the previous version.

I can't commit to much for the next few weeks, though I may be around every so often... fucking exams.

I may be around every so often... fucking exams.

A sight for medical eyes and no-one else, I fear.

Does anyone play with Deejay? Is he still a good all-arounder?

That's who I mostly used in SSFII. Looking forward to my game getting here.:gaming:

Anyone that wants to play my super annoying Vega (76% win rate on Ranked Games!!) or my slightly less annoying Juri or Blanka (I'm working on making my Gouken more annoying too) can find me on the 360 as n0wak. I'm pretty much game anytime I'm on, so send me a message.

Anyone that wants to play my super annoying Vega (76% win rate on Ranked Games!!) or my slightly less annoying Juri or Blanka (I'm working on making my Gouken more annoying too) can find me on the 360 as n0wak. I'm pretty much game anytime I'm on, so send me a message.

I used to hate Vega until I found out chun can jump back and medium Kick to stuff almost everything. Juri is so fuuun, I have this one replay I saved where some Ken jumped into her crouching HP 6 times in a row :)

The other thing is everyone gets offended when I do the parry thing and assumes I'm taunting them.

Had a fun knock-about for a couple of hours with Patters and n0wak last night, cheers guys. Definitely think I'm starting to get better. Pulling off some of the more instantaneous counters is starting to come more naturally - even automatically on a couple of jucier moments last night - which is really satisfying. Long way to go, but it was a lot of fun none-the-less.

And speaking of annoying, unpredictable characters, I was genuinely surprised playing as Blanka last night; a charge character I can actually get on with quite well. I've been ignoring Dhalsim for too long as well.

Earlier, a friend playing her female orc Death Knight alt asked if anyone could run her through Ramps and Blood Furnace. I decided to go on my own DK since we had wow power leveling wedding dresses wow power leveling wow gold rolex wedding dresses wow power leveling another friend cool enough to run us both with his level 80 feral druid. We went through Ramps with no problem but when we got to Blood Furnace, I started to see the other DK without her gear on. I was wondering why she was playing naked until wedding dresses I inspected her and saw that she did have her gear on. It was really strange since I was the only one experiencing this. Basically I saw her naked the whole run!

The same thing actually happened to me before when my mage was doing Utgarde Keep with a few guildies. Both the warrior and the hunter in my group wow power leveling were sporting the naked look after a while. It’s really a strange thing to see happen but it can be quite funny! It’s been almost dsdjbbnnfiuuie a month and a half already since the Wrath of the Lich King expansion came out so it’s probably safe to make a commentary about my observations about popularity of certain class specs. wow gold You can tell that the game has changed quite a bit when certain class specs that were quite popular before suddenly aren’t as popular now and it seems like that’s exactly the case for Wrath of the Lich King. rolex Perhaps the most glaring example that I have seen (at least in my experience) is the Protection Paladin. In TBC, they were very popular for their EZ-Mode tanking ability because of their mastery at AoE tanking. If you ran dungeons often, especially with a PuGs, then you would definitely have run into a Prot Pally back in the day. But with the introduction of Death Knights in the expansion and the recent rise of wedding dresses Retribution Paladins, it seems like Protection Paladins are a very rare sight nowadays. Holy paladins, in my experience, are also quite rarer than they used to for some reason 0524 LJ.

That message really fits into the flow of the thread.

No, but through the wonderful powers of alchemy, you can turn a fake WoW rolex into a wedding dress made of gold.