Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Another Mario Thing

If you want, I can break down some investigative journalism and confirm/deny if that's real

More importantly, how are Luigi's kebabs?

The last level of that demo was a nightmare, we were only 3 members (out of a fucklot) to finish it… Come on, try to jump, jiggle your wiimote and dodge things coming at you with a timer running low…

Wait... are you the guy we applauded when you got the star?

Wait... are you the guy we applauded when you got the star?

I was applauded by people, were you at this event ?

I was at the first row and had not really noticed there were people behind me.

Yeah it was near the end of the event. I remember.

I started the applause in fact :) It was nice to see somebody finishing this level (from what I saw lots of people just ignored the purple coins). I told you that only 3 persons did finish but I'm not really sure in fact, nobody really counted.

This thread is mindblowing! I can't get over that GameCube thingie... and Mario uses his HANDS?! I think not: If you're a little to the right of the block you're smashing, then his hand wouldn't hit it, right? :)

This thread is mindblowing! I can't get over that GameCube thingie... and Mario uses his HANDS?! I think not: If you're a little to the right of the block you're smashing, then his hand wouldn't hit it, right? :)

Yeah, try and apply logic to 8bits of graphic…*You just don't want to see the truth Thunder, you're trying to hide, on every image where you see mario jumping, you'll notice that he has his fist in the air mario-bros-nintendo-64-wii-sex-tape-sextape.jpg

<3 this thread.

me and my neighbor Etienne (real names have been left the same as there's no reason to change them) used to debate this, was he punching the blocks OR as Etienne would say, was he holding the brim of his hat to have it stay in place as his head hit the bricks!

This was before emulators and screenshots, so we VCR'ed mario, and luigi, big,small and fireflower and then compared the animations...

Then he got Baddudes and we stopped playing the one game he owned.

I'll have to try and facebook my old pal and send him threadways

Yeeaah, I remember... pretty funny, but very likely a coincidence. I remember being really surprised that anyone actually "found" that, but I shouldn't be. This is the internet!

Here's a fun little quiz!

http://www.sporcle.com/games/BluePikmin/mario_medley

...I don't know if I should be proud or embarrassed that I got all but two of them right away on my very first try... Such a Nintenwhore. *sigh*

it doesn't work, no sound is being played.

edit: wtf... youtube is unavailable...

it doesn't work, no sound is being played.

edit: wtf... youtube is unavailable...

Whew, so its not just me. I thought my work's internet cock-blocker was getting more draconian.

Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

Is that what you're seeing?

Oh, and the U R MR GAY thing, sheer coincidence, seriously. Or, maybe I'm a sucker for things that subliminally question my sexual orientation. Damn. Now I'm not sure.

Whew, so its not just me. I thought my work's internet cock-blocker was getting more draconian.

Is that what you're seeing?

yeah, but it's back now

...I don't know if I should be proud or embarrassed that I got all but two of them right away on my very first try... Such a Nintenwhore. *sigh*

I got all but two too! Which ones eluded you?

I failed to identify Mario vs Donkey Kong and New Super Mario Bros

I got all but two too! Which ones eluded you?

I failed to identify Mario vs Donkey Kong and New Super Mario Bros

Nice! Good to know I'm not the only Nintendo music memory freak...

I failed to get

Mario vs Donkey Kong and Bowser's Inside Story

, as I have sadly played neither...

I missed 3. Although I think I should have gotten the Paper Mario one for putting in "Paper Mario GCN." Couldn't remember the full subtitle. Grah.

I missed Mario vs. Donkey Kong and diddnt know the full name for Mario RPG off the top of my head. Did anyone get Mario vs. Donkey Kong?

Did anyone get Mario vs. Donkey Kong?

I think that might be the most "obscure" one on the list, being released way at the end of the GBA lifecycle... Everyone was way more concerned with the DS at that point. DrillDozer was relegated to a similar fate.

I never managed to finish the first Super Mario. I always got strapped for time in the 8-# world levels. Aaah, memories.

I've finished the original Super Mario Bros. and the original hard ass Super Mario Bros. 2, but I didn't do it like a hardcore gamer since I was only able to through saves in Super Mario Deluxe on Game Boy Color and Super Mario All Stars.

REAL GAMERS DON'T SAVE IN MARIO!

Saves or not, those games were difficult, especially the latter.

I just remember, Mario is the first computer game I've played!!!

Did you actually play it on a computer? Like: emulated? Or did you play it back when it was new? I'm interested to hear your perspective on it if you played Super Mario Bros. somewhat recently, for the first time.

I just remember, Mario is the first computer game I've played!!! I even finished the first Mario and Mario 3,... after finishing the whole game, back to world 1 again...

…and my brother and I did it again, persuaded that we were that the difficulty had increased and that another ending or slight variations that we tried to spot (and managed to alter our memory to spot quite a few) awaited us ahead. We lost our last life at the end of world 4 falling to our death and concluded "yep, it's really the hardcore mode"

Making money on the...

megg...

They're training marketing spambots to look for phrases about video games now? Is nothing sacred?!