Wrestlevania

Formula Thumb

V9Afx.jpg

This is why Forza is fucking rad :tup: I have a few videos which I am going to make from the session, a couple of photos too.

EDIT: here they are.

4347621344_c8777af5e9.jpg

4347621228_918b57d7a5.jpg

4346875295_31c32552c2.jpg

4346875167_f0b0445d71.jpg

OP9FVEJDphk

The reason my Ferrari leaves massive trails is due to the ton of down force I caused, with my original intention of it being a drag car.

Edited by Patters

Oh man, sorry I missed that. I needed my girlfriend's sister to help me pick out a valentine's gift for her and the only time she could do it was Forza time. I'll definitely be back in 2 weeks time.

Fantastic shots, Pat and toblix. I didn't even think to save replays for photos after the fact in multiplayer!

Some flippin' close racing again last night. Just a shame about the connection problems (and me dropping out suddenly late on as well). :/

I had some issues with getting a video on YouTube. Firstly, the interface for actually rendering a movie is crap, as you have to specify a timespan and speed without getting a preview. Then, actually rendering and uploading the clip takes ages, which I guess is not much they can do about, but after uploading the clip to YouTube it failed to convert it. Did you do anything special to make the clip YouTube compatible, Patters? Maybe doing 720p was a mistake.

Found some pics of the Fiat i was chuntering on about last night.

Story is, one of the guys I work with had his Elise in for a service, the Lotus garage is also a Ferrari dealership I think, so he had the Ferrari Fiat 500 as a loaner for a few days.

It's a very pretty car.

http://forums.speedarena.com/zerothread?id=4488748

As an aside, my colleague had managed to peel the under tray off the Elise while driving at high speed through a big puddle! :violin:

S.

I had some issues with getting a video on YouTube. Firstly, the interface for actually rendering a movie is crap, as you have to specify a timespan and speed without getting a preview. Then, actually rendering and uploading the clip takes ages, which I guess is not much they can do about, but after uploading the clip to YouTube it failed to convert it. Did you do anything special to make the clip YouTube compatible, Patters? Maybe doing 720p was a mistake.

Yeah I get those, I just open it in live movie maker and save it, works easily that way. Also I capped the impreza overtake but it wouldn't upload to the forza server, gonna try again soon.

I may need to try that, as every time I've attempted to upload a video, I've had the same issues 'blix was talking about.

I'd like to put forward the following races officially:

• Impreza Vs Evo ( either a Subaru Impreza or a Mitsubishi Evo in C class)
  • Classic Muscle (a classic muscle car pre 1970 in D class)

Wrestle and I have been doing these unofficially but as they are relatively simple and cheap to set up I think they would be good to add to the official list. A friend may be joining in tonight, if not next week.

EDIT: D class for the Classic muscle.

Edited by Patters

Nice! Some fun races, including one where I won! Also, thanks for the sweet Abarth, Patters!

You're welcome, it's a carbon copy of mine with a different paint job :tup:. Some fantastic races today, especially after I sorted my connection.

4367592782_fe01c3b1c1.jpg

Me, Patters, Toblix and Wrestlevania.

I can only race the Revington with the comedy knob graphic on it, otherwise it's too serious. The cars name is 'Cheesy Stormtrooper'

S.

Sweet, I have built Dave Mirra's '05 impreza, I need to give it a go on Wednesday!

A few more pics...

4371587600_66e992c544.jpg

Toblix squeaking though on the last corner, possibly a little understeer?

4371587762_a415d714a0.jpg

Patters puts the squeeze on my tiny MR-S, this didn't end well.

4371587860_477cd7b5a7.jpg

Me Wrestle and Blix booting it into the last few corners...

S.

So a few photos:

4370907313_fb40cc6fcb.jpg

This is what lag does in Forza

4370907465_7b7432b904.jpg

My Dave Mirra Impreza:

4370997771_2231ea1f2a.jpg

4371063323_2703b74def.jpg

It handles utterly fantastically, possibly my best build in the game, the design is my own, bar a few bought vinyl groups.

Damn, I'm meeting my supervisor Wednesday. I'll try to get the cars for the classes you suggested by the next time I'm in, Pat. Looks like I missed a great one this week. Can't wait to get back into the mix.

Me and Patters -- or should I say Patters and I -- had a fun, though eerily silent game last night. We kept it going for about an hour before we called it a night. Not only do I not present a challenge in this game; the lag was so horrible that I sometimes thought I had won, because his car always spun of the road and I finished first. Of course, this was only artifacts of the lag, and I'm sure that to him it looked like I drove like shit and kept sliding off the road too...

Anyway, good times. Next week I should not be 50% of the players.

Sorry, I'm working a lot of overtime at the moment. So I wasn't able to join in. (I didn't finish until almost 1am this morning as it was.) And I'd built 3 new cars for the occasion, as well as one bat-shit insane F-->R3 monster.

I will endeavor to participate next week, but then I'll be away for a while - first to Texas for SxSW with work, then on to Disneyland Paris with Mrs V and the Vanias a couple of days after I get back from Austin.

Yeah, it was good, a couple of really cool moments: such as 'blix and I simultaneously drifting around corners, me in my Mirra Impreza and him in his Maserati GT.

Just testing the YouTube thing. This is from a couple of weeks ago. It really needs stereo sound.

qn1s7UbntBw

Okay, seems to be working. This is what I want to show you. It really illustrates how big of an asshole Patters is when he's driving his Idle Thumbs car. Notice how I'm just driving along, minding my own business, when suddenly he stops. Driving in my awesome 'Blix car, I have no choice but to drive through him, at which point he goes totally crazy and does something unforgivable. Let's watch:

94IqjbwZbxk

That is some awesome lag. On another note I believe I have sorted my connection fully now, I had a problem receiving credits on the store front in the past few days and uploading files, so I managed to port forward to solve it, I believe the issues were related, so :tup:. I used this site to get the settings.