Thyroid

EA drops new IP

A story at Kotaku claiming that the Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight team was amongst EA's 1500 layoffs has been confirmed by our own sources. The developers were informed at the same time as other affected staff, though in their particular case they will take Command & Conquer 4 to completion before departing.

Despite appearances, and the franchise's strong name, it was suggested that profits were low in comparison to other EA properties, which was a key factor in the firm's decision of which games and studios to axe. The series' long-term future is now up in the air, but in the short term it would appear that post-release support will be slim to none, which is sure to anger many a player based on the poor state of C&C games at release, in recent years. With no developers, who fixes the bugs?

Kotaku's story also suggests that many staff at Pandemic and Maxis will be let go, effectively closing the studios. Pandemic is wrapping up The Saboteur, whilst Maxis probably wishes they that they never let The Sims be spun-off into its own studio.

That also happened

Metalheads are often gamers, a lot of them happen to be bigoted PC gamers unfortunately. Metal is pretty big in England (no way near to the scale it was though), It is also fairly popular in northern europe I believe.

What has Maxis been up to after dropping Spore unto the world?

Sim City 12 I would assume and probably some of the too expansive canceled projects.

9 circles of hell. 6 acclaimed international directors. 6 terrifying visions of hell. 1 unforgettable epic.

Hilarious.

I think they're going for something like the Animatrix/Gotham Knight approach of shorts, which did work well in both those cases. I'm not sure it'll work with discrete chunks of a single story (e.g. IMO The Authority was a horrible comic when it dipped into art styles I couldn't get on with), and I'm not interested given that trailer anyway. The way they turned it into a slogan is funny though, they should have added a constricting anus count too.

Speaking of new IP, here's a trailer for the coming animated feature inspired by Dante's Divine Comedy. It's a new fresh and mature take on the story:

http://www.giantbomb.com/dantes-inferno-the-animated-film/17-1636/

Why is it that "new, fresh and mature", nowadays inevitably means plugging characters from the original story into a tired, immature battle epic of sorts? WTF does that trailer have to do with the Divine Comedy? Ack. :frusty: :frusty:

Tale of Tales should totally make their own version of the Divine Comedy. It should interface with the player's facebook account and populate the suffering sinners you see throughout hell with actual buddies (those who have a million profile photographs should go into the vanity circle of hell, the pagans should be in limbo with Socrates and Julius Caesar, etc.). And it should be as exciting and extreme as a guided walk through a zoo, which is what the structure of the damn poem boils down to.

Speaking of new IP, here's a trailer for the coming animated feature inspired by Dante's Divine Comedy. It's a new fresh and mature take on the story:

http://www.giantbomb.com/dantes-inferno-the-animated-film/17-1636/

:frusty:

But also, that is completely hilarious. A very competitive candidate for my "bad movie nights".

Why is it that "new, fresh and mature", nowadays inevitably means plugging characters from the original story into a tired, immature battle epic of sorts?

You know, "mature" epic? "Mature"? :eyebrow: Maybe that's what they mean. Right?

Just FYI, the 'fresh' and 'mature' bits were just my words, I can't remember if they turned up in the trailer. But they could have.

Just FYI, the 'fresh' and 'mature' bits were just my words, I can't remember if they turned up in the trailer. But they could have.

Heh.. Maybe. I got impatient with watching it halfway through and closed it.. :getmecoat

They don't have to say it out loud. One gets the idea that's what they're doing. :shifty:

Tale of Tales should totally make their own version of the Divine Comedy. It should interface with the player's facebook account and populate the suffering sinners you see throughout hell with actual buddies (those who have a million profile photographs should go into the vanity circle of hell, the pagans should be in limbo with Socrates and Julius Caesar, etc.). And it should be as exciting and extreme as a guided walk through a zoo, which is what the structure of the damn poem boils down to.

That actually sounds incredible. Just the idea of a facebook app that scans your friends' profiles and dictates what circle of hell they belong to would be amazing.