Sign in to follow this  
Garple

Tekken 6

I'm seriously considering the limited edition, mostly because I want the wireless arcade stick (designed by Hori!!!) for all my fighting games. Also...because at the college I used to go to...we had Tekken Tag Tournament in the lounge set on freeplay and man did I play the everloving scoops out of that thing.

Anyone else getting the game? Do you think the stick is worth it (it's a $150 bundle).

I'm not getting it, and I'm a complete novice at fighting games (I played a little Tekken on the PS1), but I would say go ahead and get the stick. I would, if I was buying a fighting game now. There are enough good fighting games out at the moment to justify having one, I think.

Is it actually better at all for playing the games?

Better than a controller? I'd say so...but I guess it depends on personal preference. Fighting games usually come out in arcades first I find executing moves easier on an arcade machine and the tactile aspect of playing the games that way satisfying. It's like playing an FPS on PC instead of a console. The latter can be done, but most people will have an easier time with the former.

That said, I've changed my mind about buying this.

Is it actually better at all for playing the games?

definately, a stick is far more tactile and responsive to input commands than either an analogue stick or Dpad.

Groucho Are you still getting the game, cos I'm tempted to pick it up.

I remember trying the arcade stick when a friend had one for the megadrive...it was a lot more responsive, plus really gave you that arcade feel. The arcade feel is not something that many people can identify with these days I suspect.

The arcade feel is not something that many people can identify with these days I suspect.

I don't know. If we're talking like age 18 or 19 and up...most of us probably have some of our fondest early gaming memories with the X-Men beat-em-up machine at the Catholic Youth Center. Or the Street Fighter II cabinet at the Pizza Parlor. The first time I saw 3D graphics was in Virtua Fighter. I used to stand on a milk crate to play Rygar at my Uncle's pizza place when I was 3 or 4.

Groucho Are you still getting the game, cos I'm tempted to pick it up.

I think I'm going to wait, actually. But games are such an impulse buy for me, I never know if I'm going to pull the trigger or not until the last second.

The arcade feel is not something that many people can identify with these days I suspect.

So I never really went to an arcade, I have played a few cabinets though, including a gauntlet game (I think) and some SNK thing in a youth hostel, I have been to Trocaderos arcade in london but I never played anything. Again the reason I love arcade sticks is because we had a pair of sticks for our megadrive 2, which was awesome for fighting games (even though I was pretty much dreadful at them at the time, with no concept of combos).

I think I'm going to wait, actually. But games are such an impulse buy for me, I never know if I'm going to pull the trigger or not until the last second.

Actually, I was at Best Buy today, and I stood for a minute and looked at the big box with the game and the stick and then looked at just the game by itself and felt no desire to buy either one.

I never feel right about paying full price for fighting games because the content is so limited.

I'm playing the downloadable Tekken 5 (offline) for PS3 and jebus it's depressing. The 8 stages before the boss fight do absolutely nothing to prepare you for what's coming. I spent 90 minutes trying to kill Jinpachi just now :/ I used to play these with my cousin and brother, but I don't remember the balance ever being this bad. I used to be able to finish the game at least.

Hrrrrm.... So I got Jinpachi with Yoshimitsu. I spent about an hour training different moves and such, and then rushed through the stages up to Jinpachi. The training didn't make any difference though. After about fifteen matches or so, I turned off the sound and vibration from my controller, kind of stared off screen just enough to see when the matches begin and spammed a 10 hit combo I learned. That got him. Good game design there :fart: I just feel more pissed off now.

I suffer with Jinpachi horrilby. Can play up to him, no real problem, actually playing the game - blocking and what have you. Then Jinpachi uses his lava laser, which sometimes I can dodge, other times not. Then I turn it off.

Yeah, pretty much any game will lag, whatever happens.

Fuck, that's pretty useless then, isn't it? Well, I would imagine it's something they could patch, hopefully they bother.

I find it weird over the last couple of years how "we're going to fix our broken game, we promise!" has become a news story. I'm starting to lose count of how many games with horrible netcode have been pushed out, gotten a story like that written about them, and then had the patch hit far too late to be relevant. Immediate other examples are a pair of downloadable games, Castle Crashers and Fat Princess. CC was still great as a co-op on the couch game, but Fat Princess was pretty much screwed completely by this. Hope Namco can hurry up and get the patch out while it still may matter.

Man, the Ghost mode is like a thousand times more interesting than the Arcade mode, esp. without the silly movies we used to enjoy. I'm enjoying it :)

So, now I'm the weird dude who was like "Oh Man, Tekken 6 is coming out, awesome! is anybody getting it? I might get the Limited Edition with the wireless arcade stick L33T!!!!PWNAGEEEEEEEEE"

Then Tekken 6 came out, and instead I bought Tekken Dark Resurrection (Tekken 5) on PSN and have been playing that a whole bunch.

I'm that guy.

I usually buy 1 tekken game each gen. (3,tag,??)

I don't think 6 will be the best that the tekken series has to offer this gen. So i will just wait for a sequel.

I usually buy 1 tekken game each gen. (3,tag,??)

I don't think 6 will be the best that the tekken series has to offer this gen. So i will just wait for a sequel.

You know what they say: "A Tekken a gen. keeps the doctor...something."

You know what they say: "A Tekken a gen. keeps the doctor...something."

Knocked out?

*Imagines tekken fans doing wild martial arts stuff every time they close their eyes*