Sign in to follow this  
Marek

A Planet Of Ball

Can Nintendo not produce anything that can stand on its own merits without sticking that plumber's ugly visage on the box?

Oh man, I love Pikmin. I'm counting the days until Pikmin 2.

It's such an irony that Pokemon, the most recently created Nintendo franchise, has like five million and a half thousand and three (count em!) different characters, and the only characters that keep popping up in most of the Nintendo games are Mario, et al.

Either they should really add one or two new interesting characters to the Mario family (that aren't like Princess Weach or Evil Toad) or they should really try some completely new franchises. And if people don't buy the first installement of their hypothetical experimental franchise (actually Nintendo may have tried a few on the GBA I believe), they shouldn't just say "hmmmm these sales graphs show that no one is buying the game because it doesn't have Mario in it"... NO, they should stick with the plan, churn out more games with the new characters, and build familiarity around them.

It's such an irony that Pokemon, the most recently created Nintendo franchise, has like five million and a half thousand and three (count em!) different characters, and the only characters that keep popping up in most of the Nintendo games are Mario, et al.

Let's not forget that pokemon is a (relatively) recent franchise, and actually came out of Gamefreak and not Nintendo (though credit to Nintendo and Miyamoto for getting so much behind it).

Also I think it's fair to say that pokemon may have been mishandled in maybe the last 2/3 years, it screams for online play, not more of the little buggers.

Oh man, I love Pikmin. I'm counting the days until Pikmin 2.

No kidding, Pikmin is one of the best game concepts going today...I too can't wait for the sequel. Too bad the game was basically ignored because your killer minions are flower-children (the irony!). Its great when you fan out your legion over a field of cadavers and they hoist them back to their pods, it gives you a real feeling of accomplishment.

It seems that the new additions are kind of superfluous though...sumo pikmin, poison pikmin? I have enough problems keeping the yellow ones from blowing my own army to oblivion, the last thing I need is chemical clouds wafting around during a battle.