Garple

Comics

Recentlly I read:

-Name of the Rose......:tup::tup:

-Boy in striped Pyamas.............:tmeh:

-Chronicles(Dylan)..........:tup::tup:

-Poezije(France Prešeren)............:tup:

-Prince of Persia 2008(manuel)...........:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

Edit:Ups, wrong thread.

Edit2: Can someone please erase this? Thanks

Meanwhile by Jason Shiga. It's a choose your own adventure comic, but done beautifully with visual threads and tabbed pages rather than fiddling around with page numbers. Not only is the layout insanely complex, the plot revolves around choice, memory, probability and causality. :tup:

Apparently, Jason pretended his first comic books were released posthumously to try and build a cult following, but it didn't work and now everyone knows he's actually alive.

Jason's Shhh! is the last comic book I read (not Jason Shiga, though I enjoy his works as well!). Pretty cool. Not really familiar with trade paperbacks, but I did read scott pilgrim books. A lot of video game references in there. I think I even saw a few Monkey Island references.

Just picked up Spider-Man Noir and Daredevil Noir, the art is brilliant. I'll post proper impressions when I have read them.

Just finished Daredevil Noir (Spidey got read first). Both are as fantastic as they are wonderfully dark. Daredevil is clearly superior.

The art in both books is great. Each has it's individual style, but both capture the 1930's aesthetic well.

4414611627_df746f4c84_b.jpg

4415372764_33234f918e_b.jpg

Note: Neither of these images are spoilers, and I think my camera is on the vivid colour setting, hence the bright pink hands.

I have the first issue of Punisher Noir, and that was pretty awesome. My comic shop sold out of the 2nd and 3rd issues way too quickly and I didn't get a chance to nab them up, so I kind of gave up. The first issue of that was fantastic. I want to read more of the Noir series from Marvel. They all seem great, and come highly recommend.

I have the first issue of Punisher Noir, and that was pretty awesome. My comic shop sold out of the 2nd and 3rd issues way too quickly and I didn't get a chance to nab them up, so I kind of gave up. The first issue of that was fantastic. I want to read more of the Noir series from Marvel. They all seem great, and come highly recommend.

Yeah, I have X Men and Wolverine on their way. I'll order Luke Cage and Punisher when they are out and cheaper. I'm a hard cover fiend.

I can't really speak for the differences, but from what I can tell Noir is set in the 30's so he uses more knives and older weapons. The first few pages of the first issue was narrated in an old time radio type style.

In my opinion, the Dark Tower graphic novels are superb, and highly recommended to any fans of the books. If you haven't read the original books by Stephen King, you should probably read those first before reading these comics.

Image Comics' Mice Templar is quite grand. Think Nyhm meets LOTR. The second trade will release in this next couple of months. If you get the first, you'll be given a bible for the world Glass and Oeming created that describes its fairly complex creation myth. Both the art and story are great.

Also, since I loved the show, I've been digging the Jericho comic. The creators of the series are finishing up what they'd planned to do before it got canceled here.

Oh, oh ... Axe Cop, too. Most of you have probably heard of it, though. It's a 30-year old comic artist drawing stories written by his 5-year old brother. AxeCop.com.

I found two awesome fantasy comics recently:

Imaginary Monsters is the story of a Grizzledude and Dennis the Necromancer, a pair of undead monsters that hang out in a dungeon where occasionally knights wander in and wreak up the place.

and Hanna is Not a Boys Name which is about a seemingly unqualified occult investigator, and his growing cadre of hangers-on.

It's the Dr. McNinja artist! I read a couple of them, quite fun.

No it ain't. Chris Hastings is a totally amateur compared to Ethan Nicolle