Tanukitsune

Aw man! There's a sale on Play and I can't choose what to get!

How come there is always a sale the moment my backlog clears up a bit there's some mad sale? :eek:

Mirror's Edge is ridiculously cheap... I played the demo and loved the jumping... but hated the combat....:frusty:

Farcry 2 is also very cheap and everybody keeps saying it's awesome, yet very frustrating...:hmph:

Condemned.... Is it worth a shot?:erm:

There are other games, but I'm so going to get them no matter what anybody says! :gaming:

Farcry 2 is damn good, but if you don't want to add too much to your backlog I would avoid it, but for a tenner it's a steal. With Mirror's Edge I would definitely reccomend it but others have hated it, if you can appreciate the merits of a game over it's flaws go for it.

Whatever you do, do not play through hard with no shots fired, it will make you hate the game.

I'd recommend Mirror's Edge, but there are some levels with lots of combat. Didn't like that either.

Far Cry 2 is definitely worth getting, but will take a long time to finish.

I'd get Mirror's Edge if only for the awesome parts. I still remember how great it was to run through the crisp, bright rooftop environments, and I can easily forgive the crap parts (including the ending) because I never had much of a problem with them, and I completed the game without ever firing a gun (except that one time where you have to (you just read a spoiler)).

Damn! They are already out of Mirror's Edge! Fortunately they one of the PlayTrade users (I think it's a real store that I've used before) had one at the same price new!

I got 6 old games for the price of 2 new ones.... Most of the price went to getting SFIV C.E..... The normal edition is out of stock and the cheapest version is used and the cheapest new one costs only 10€ than the C.E.!

I got Mirror's Edge, Farcry 2, Resident Evil 5, Condemned, Bionic Commando (SHUT UP! I WANT! :fart: ) and Street Fighter IV C.E. for the price of two new games, not bad! :yep:

Edited by Tanukitsune

Company of Heroes: Anthology (with CoH, Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor) for 13€ is a pretty sweet deal for everyone who is into RTS and doesn't already have any of those games (if there is one).

Too bad there aren't that many good PC or PS3 games on that list. I thought about buying Assassin's Creed for 20€ for a moment but I couldn't because the thought of actually getting it for 5$ through Direct2Drive* had I been American irritated me too much. That and the fact that Assassin's Creed 2 will be released soon anyway.

*How does gifting work on D2D, btw?

How long is Farcry 2? 20 hours? 40? Longer than Persona 4?:erm:

Playing time or Thumbcast discussion time?

Seeing the title I thought I was about to lose money, but there's nothing on the PC side really.

Playing time or Thumbcast discussion time?

Seeing the title I thought I was about to lose money, but there's nothing on the PC side really.

Are you kidding? The Thumbcast discussion time for Farcry is infinity!:hah:

I'd get Mirror's Edge if only for the awesome parts. I still remember how great it was to run through the crisp, bright rooftop environments, and I can easily forgive the crap parts (including the ending) because I never had much of a problem with them, and I completed the game without ever firing a gun (except that one time where you have to (you just read a spoiler)).

Even in that part, you don't have to. If you do a bit of creative running and dodging, you can get the enemies to shoot the... objectives before you take them out. I was able to complete the game without firing a single bullet.

I highly recommend Condemned. As an early generation title, the graphics don't hold up quite as well, but it's got a great creepy atmosphere. And while the ending of Condemned 2 did get a bit ridiculous/off-tone, it was still fun.

Even in that part, you don't have to. If you do a bit of creative running and dodging, you can get the enemies to shoot the... objectives before you take them out. I was able to complete the game without firing a single bullet.

No, I'm talking about -- and this is sort of a spoiler -- where you have to snipe the guy in the car or something. As far as I know that wasn't possible to avoid.

No, I'm talking about -- and this is sort of a spoiler -- where you have to snipe the guy in the car or something. As far as I know that wasn't possible to avoid.

Ah, shit. I forgot about that part. Guess it wasn't memorable enough to warrant... remembering.

Was it? I'm pretty sure Faith and her sister were outlaws long before it happened. I suppose that rescuing her was a fairly major event, but the sniping sequence itself wasn't stand-out or challenging.

Yeah, but I don't think you have to kill the dude (with your bullet at least), I just shot the car and it wrecked and he presumably died from that.

I'm a big fan of Mirror's Edge despite all the flaws (combat, stupid cut scenes), I just think the running aspect of it was so well done.

How long is Farcry 2? 20 hours? 40? Longer than Persona 4?:erm:

I would guess about 40-50, but I didn't actually measure the time I spent. Of course, YMMV.

I would guess about 40-50, but I didn't actually measure the time I spent. Of course, YMMV.

Wow! That IS long, but not ridiculously long...

It looks like Condemned 2 is also ridiculously cheap, but... Scribblenauts and Brutal Legends are coming out in Europe very soon, and those are the only two games I intend on getting the day they come out... Although I'll probably get them both from Play.com too, mostly because I'm positive Scribblenauts will only come in the language of the country you buy it in, and I don't want to buy it in Spanish...:shifty:

I'm a big fan of Mirror's Edge despite all the flaws (combat, stupid cut scenes), I just think the running aspect of it was so well done.

Such amazing potential... so beautiful... and then the characters start speaking and suddenly it's :fart: (They should hire William Gibson to write the story - seems like just his sort of thing.)

Still, for £7.99 - wow!

They should hire William Gibson to write the story
Whoever they should hire, they should take care to hire him/her before creating all the characters and levels.

The first game arrived yesterday, it was Condemned and WOW!:eek:

It's the first game to keep me this creeped out for so long!

Call of Cthulhu was terrifying until I got a weapon and I got over Penumbra when the monster finally caught me and... I realized I had a health bar and could take more than a hit...

Is Condemned 2 half as scary as thing? If so I'm so going to get it!:grin:

Is Condemned 2 half as scary as thing? If so I'm so going to get it!:grin:

Sort of. Due to the story, you start one of the first levels with a gun. You don't have to use it, but the fact that it's available makes things a bit less scary. It goes into more Condemned territory after that, but the last bits of the game sort of turn into a shooting gallery. It also goes into a lot of the things left unexplained by the first game, but it has kind of shark-jumping sci-fi twist to it, so again, a lot of complaints from people. Personally, I didn't think it was that bad. While the end did devolve into a decidedly not-Condemned FPS, I had a great experience with the game overall, and would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the first game.

i was among the few of my friends to play condemned and i thought i had found a real hidden gem. it was truly great and when i got to the end i was waiting for more. i couldnt had been more excited when the 2nd was one announced, it was a chance to get a more polished version and more of the story.

What i actually got was a storyline written by a drunk and over the top corny enemies and situations. Youd be better off with the illusion of a sequel rather than the reality of it

The sale is about to end, and Red Faction: Guerilla is on sale for 23€!

Didn't they mention it on the podcast and say it was pretty cool?! :3