Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs 34: The First Age of Extreme

Can't believe they changed the gameplay entirely for the final boss.

It drives me slightly mad when games do that for a final boss or last level. I'm all for a challenge but don't ditch the core mechanic just to make it "bossy". Just let me use the skills I've honed throughout the game.

IGN box quote? ;-)

Oh, I hope so! I'd be charmed!

Also on bosses, when you get to the last boss of Majora's Mask with all of the masks, you don't even have to try. It's a completely backwards scenario that I don't think I've seen anywhere else.

So I just listened to this episode and within minutes I was furious. CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE!? WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO COMPARE CALIFORNIA'S GREAT AMERICA (formerly Paramount's Great America) TO THAT PIECE OF TRASH THEME PARK? Since I was a kid 4 people have died at Great America, NONE HAVE DIED AT THE PUSSY ASS DISNEY PARK. We had the James Bond ride, Licence to Thrill, with the moving chairs and stuff, until they turned it into Sponge Bob, which for the record had real 3D all the way back in 2003. We had Stealth, the first roller coaster to make you feel like you might be flying, until they took it out because it kept breaking with people hanging in awkward and uncomfortable positions. When I went to the park on a field trip in high school with my AP physics class, sure I ended up just leaving to go to the AMC down the street, but not before I swooped these puppies at the gift shop. Lets's see you get these at California DUMBventure. I don't really get it, but you can only get them at Great America, or as I call it, GREATEST America.

72RW1.jpg

P.S. you were right about Santa Clara though, I hate those guys.