Also, you should do one with hilarious commentary track, as seen on my LBP level. Or heard, rather.

Hilarious and mostly silent.

After a few minutes of fiddling, I have the on-board sound handling microphone duties and the PCI sound card recording for the video. In the current set-up I have voice chat coming through my speakers, which would mean that the video will record everyone else but not myself. This seems a little unfair. I could route all voice chat through the on-board sound, but I don't really want to wear headphones while playing. Alternatively, I could get a 3.5 mm splitter and run the microphone through both ports, and record stereo mix on the card. I guess I'd have to unmute microphone echo on my sound card, though, and things could get ugly. Can anyone think of a more elegant solution? I guess I could just get a 2.5-3.5 mm converter thingy and use my 360 headset for my PC as well, and not bother recording voice chat (it'd probably just be embarrassing, anyway). But for that to be practical I'd have to hook up the front audio ports, which would require going inside my PC, which I can rarely be bothered to do.

You guys make me want to play the game again; I'm re-downloading it right now! You should know though, that I'm complete shit as a Zombie in Versus mode - didn't really have the chance to play anything but the campaigns in difficult/expert mode :/.

You guys make me want to play the game again; I'm re-downloading it right now! You should know though, that I'm complete shit as a Zombie in Versus mode - didn't really have the chance to play anything but the campaigns in difficult/expert mode :/.

If you can play the campaigns on Expert Mode, you're already in good shape. We got slaughtered when we tried it :( And playing as a zombie. It's fine. You'll get used to them and their quirks in no time.

Just remember that as a hunter you want to spend pretty much all of your time crouching. And pay attention to the little circle around the crosshair. It tells you how close your skill is to recharging.

Just remember that as a hunter you want to spend pretty much all of your time crouching. And pay attention to the little circle around the crosshair. It tells you how close your skill is to recharging.

Unless they are nearby and you are trying to hide - crouching also triggers the hunter's growl sfx, which is a dead giveaway if the survivors can hear it.

Took me a while to get the hang of playing infected, but now it might be my favourite part of the game. Patience and timing are the key.

If you can play the campaigns on Expert Mode, you're already in good shape. We got slaughtered when we tried it :(

It was visceral though. To me, playing on Expert the game felt completely different--almost like this was how it was always intended to be played.

The idea of you being trapped in an apocalypse felt much more real for it, especially when we slid back to Advanced and the world was almost barren by comparison.

I'd very much like to try Expert again, if anyone else would be up for it on Sunday? That's assuming we either split into two groups again, or somehow only end up with 4 players in total.

I'd certainly like one day to be able to get somewhere on that difficulty. I kind of feel like I'd have to practice an awful lot and probably get better at co-operative gameplay in general for that to happen, but, you know, baby steps. In other words, sure, although I'm also a big fan of Versus mode. Can we do both? Can we all quit our jobs and devote our lives to this game?

Hey guys, we get people together every Thursday to play L4D... if any of you are interested, hit up our Steam group. It'll be versus if we have enough blokes.

Soon enough every game will be game night for me.

EDIT: Oh, American time.

Edited by JamesM

I am betting we are going to be overrun with participants this Sunday as well. In the case that we end up splitting into two or more groups, I would rather have a go at an expert/advanced campaign than same old versus.

Besides, I think I'm close to getting the 53,595 kills achievement. I would love to finally get that one.

EDIT: Turns out I've around 41,000...still a long way to go.:shifty:

Well, we had a go at Expert, and were doing OK (dying a lot, but gradually progressing), but then Skratche crashed, and since he was the host our game came to a premature end. Still, this happened:

30t9sJKkYPQ

Edited by JamesM

That's just awesome. I don't think I've ever noticed zombies continuing to be undead whilst lacking parts of their mesh.

I don't think they're meant to. I'm pretty sure it's a network synchronization bug thing.

EDIT: Wait a minute, does it have black bars on all sides? Bugger, I'll have to sort that out.

Damn, I was totally going to join in today until my computer's sound went all KSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! on me. Instead I had to go out this afternoon and get some parts. Sigh. I was so psyched to finally be able to play again too...

Since there were only four of us at the start, we had a fun game on expert for a while, until I unfortunately crashed. Shame we were doing good too.:(

A while later, some of us happened to play good 'ol versus. It was a really close right up to the end, even with the constant ragequits. In fact, on my team I was the only one who stayed for the entire campaign. People were jumping in and out every minute. It was still loads of fun.

Though I'm new here, I'm all for the sunday L4D. I'll try to catch you guys next weekend. Just to reiterate, that's 2100 GMT, right?

Just to reiterate, that's 2100 GMT, right?

Not quite; 2100 BST.

Look forward to blowing the undead's brain's out with you--or alternatively feasting on the living's.

I was online but saw that you guys were already in game so I went to play TF2 instead :violin: I never thought that the 8 player limit would feel so imposing.

A while later, some of us happened to play good 'ol versus. It was a really close right up to the end, even with the constant ragequits. In fact, on my team I was the only one who stayed for the entire campaign. People were jumping in and out every minute. It was still loads of fun.

In my defence, I only joined the game (Danny Boy's friend was pestering me) on the proviso that I'd leave early, what with work in the morning and all. Of course, it inevitably took me some time to stop faffing around and actually get to bed, because I have horrendously poor willpower.

Anyway, it was good fun as always.

In my defence, I only joined the game (Danny Boy's friend was pestering me) on the proviso that I'd leave early, what with work in the morning and all. Of course, it inevitably took me some time to stop faffing around and actually get to bed, because I have horrendously poor willpower.

Anyway, it was good fun as always.

I wasn't referring to you in that previous statement. It's only after you left,another guy immediately quit and then there were a whole bunch of joins and quits. Random people joined played a couple mins and quit upon dying.

Whatever, I am just rambling on and on...I just plain and simple hate ragequits. Especially in L4D.:getmecoat

The people we started out with seemed to be cycling guys from their (not especially great) clan, then we had some other guy in with us, so things weren't entirely stable even when I was there. As is the way with the unvetted public, guess.

And here's a screenshot from a few weeks ago that I thought was quite delightful:

l4d_vs_hospital02_subway0001.jpg

Everyone loves triple-posting, so here's a not-strictly-Thumbs-related video I recorded tonight:

pzbwhRwz6Nk

It was an excellent way to end a fairly lengthy session, even if we did kind of cheat a tiny/fairly significant bit.

It was an excellent way to end a fairly lengthy session, even if we did kind of cheat a tiny/fairly significant bit.

Cheating, I do not see it. :erm: