ThunderPeel2001

Yes this is David Simon... yes, that's me right next to him!

Did u get to talk to him? In interviews he always comes across as having a very well considered view of the world. I would love to have a chat with him.

He was a seriously cool guy. I saw him be interviewed and take questions from the audience, and yes, he was very considered and likeable (and surprisingly funny at times, too).

I got to ask him one question, which the answer of which won't mean anything unless you've read Homicide, unfortunately*. But he was very nice, very genuine and very down to earth.

An awesome way to spend an evening :tup:

* - I assume that no-one here has; I tried to start a discussion about it and there were no takers.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

He was on Radio 4 this eve, around about 9.30-ish, should you care to look on iplayer.

Aww, I'm really happy for you Thunderpeel. I know you're a big fan of his work, so that's awesome.

I myself have only seen a few minutes of The Wire but it looked very interesting and I was rather impressed. I should really get around to renting it.

Hahaha, fantastic!

He was on Radio 4 this eve, around about 9.30-ish, should you care to look on iplayer.

All the Radio 4 I listen to and I missed that? Well, I guess that's what iPlayer is for.

:tup:

I have a penchant for idol worship on par with any tween girl's, so I somewhat envy you in a really silly, pointless way.

That is cool and, Thunderpeel, you're also very goodlooking! So congratulations.

Thunderpeel, you're also very goodlooking! So congratulations.

That's true, if I had to choose between them two characters on that picture, I'd definitely bang you... Not that this choice has recently been presented to me but you never know, just sayin'...

That's true, if I had to choose between them two characters on that picture, I'd definitely bang you... Not that this choice has recently been presented to me but you never know, just sayin'...

I am officially scared of you. :grin::grin:

I finally remembered to listen, and I enjoyed it, even if it seemed like they never quite had quite as much time on a subject as they would have liked.

That is cool and, Thunderpeel, you're also very goodlooking! So congratulations.

Thank you. That's very nice of you to say!

Er, yeah... That's also nice of you to say...

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Yeah, I like to talk about raping people or dead childrens over on the internet, but as crazy as it may sound, I do it in real life too !

Come on, don't pretend like you don't want to meet me in person !

as crazy as it may sound, I do it in real life too !

The talking or the raping?

The talking or the raping?

Are you definitely sure that you want me to answer that question ?

Gawd bless ya Ossk.

Just ended my marathon session of the wire. 3 series in 2 weeks. With series 3-5 done and dusted I have a big empty hole in my life.

Might have to start playing games again.

1 week ago that was just some old bald dude to me. After buying the boxed set of The Wire and going through Seasons 1 & 2 already...that guy in the picture is a god among men.

I don't know what I'm going to do when I finish the series, it puts every other show to shame.

I don't know what I'm going to do when I finish the series, it puts every other show to shame.

There's always a post-Wire depression at the end of every series, when you realise you're another step closer to the end.

1 week ago that was just some old bald dude to me. After buying the boxed set of The Wire and going through Seasons 1 & 2 already...that guy in the picture is a god among men.

Wait a few months and watch it again. It really only gets better with repeated viewings, because you have the opportunity to check out the subtleties instead of so closely following the plot.

I could watch the first series a third time and prolly the second. Definitely not the third, maybe not the 4th and 5th either.