Sign in to follow this  
toblix

GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony

This is going to awesome, to be sure, but I'm very surprised that this isn't the third "Holy Trinity" thing everyone was expecting. I mentioned going up on the museum via the scaffolding and trying to enter a door, but realising this was the entry for the third guy, fully expecting the next episode to be about him. I wonder how much overlap there'll be between this episode and the other two.

Also, I wonder what kind of multiplayer modes they'll include and if they fix the largest problem with GTA IV and its expansions -- that the new contents (weapons, tracks, vehicles, modes) aren't added to the old ones, but you have to restart the whole game to access each expansion's stuff. It's stupid, and I don't expect them to fix it, but one may hope.

Sounds like it could be awesome :tup:

What's this about a holy trinity?

Edit: Bah. I thought this was the character Nico assassinates in the cafe (turns out that was "French Tom"). I thought it could have been an emotional journey -- You get to know this character only for him to be killed in the end. Bah. Could have been good.

Really enjoying the characterisations permeating the trailers so far; Rockstar know what they're doing and it's great to see they're putting characters at the forefront of these add-ons.

The latest one certainly made me grin:

Ja3dt3wSeW4

The quality of the character animation is still amazingly great, too (like it was in L&D)... it's odd to go back and watch GTAIV proper as the add-ons have surpassed it easily.

I absolutely loved L&D, and it got me right back into the original game. Even watching these trailers makes me want to go back and spend a little while driving around in the game world.

This expansion is looking cool. I believe this is it? I'm kind of sad. Seeing as it will be many years before the next GTA I assume.

I absolutely loved L&D, and it got me right back into the original game. Even watching these trailers makes me want to go back and spend a little while driving around in the game world.

This expansion is looking cool. I believe this is it? I'm kind of sad. Seeing as it will be many years before the next GTA I assume.

If you have the game for Xbox 360...you can play GTA IV every Tuesday with a bunch of the thumbs...or...I'm always up for smaller sessions any time you catch me on xbox Live (Strummer521). Good multiplayer sessions are a good way to stretch out the life of a game (ign.com has been telling us this for ages!) or hold you over while waiting for a sequel.

Goddamnit, I don't have the money to buy a new HDD yet. Game, so soon. Bugger. I'm going to have to bite the bullet on this one and check ebay for cheap drives...

Goddamnit, I don't have the money to buy a new HDD yet. Game, so soon. Bugger. I'm going to have to bite the bullet on this one and check ebay for cheap drives...

You could always have a go at making your own Xbox 360 hard drive.

I'm certainly tempted, especially with how cheap HDDs are nowadays, and the fact it's warranty irrelevant (you don't send your HDD if you RRoD).

If you have the game for Xbox 360...you can play GTA IV every Tuesday with a bunch of the thumbs...or...I'm always up for smaller sessions any time you catch me on xbox Live (Strummer521). Good multiplayer sessions are a good way to stretch out the life of a game (ign.com has been telling us this for ages!) or hold you over while waiting for a sequel.

That sounds cool, I'll check out the thread. GTA multiplayer doesn't work with random Xbox people.

If you have the game for Xbox 360...you can play GTA IV every Tuesday with a bunch of the thumbs...

And if you have it for the PC, you probably can't do shit with it! Man, that's one bad port.

You could always have a go at making your own Xbox 360 hard drive.

I'm certainly tempted, especially with how cheap HDDs are nowadays, and the fact it's warranty irrelevant (you don't send your HDD if you RRoD).

I was considering doing that, but I think you're supposed to have a valid code for 120GB drive... which isn't rippable from your old 20GB one. That means you've got to download it and there's plenty of questions about whether MS can tell all these different people are using the same code. I've heard pesky rumours about MS being able to detect such a thing, but more research is probably needed, as the amount of FUD that surrounds MS is ridiculous.

Anyhoo I eventually found a new 120GB HD in a sale in Argos (of all places). Can't remember exactly how much, but between £60 to £70 (~$100), I think... I was very lucky! :)

Nachimir was in the middle of the process at one pont... How did you get on Mr. Nach?

I was considering doing that, but I think you're supposed to have a valid code for 120GB drive... which isn't rippable from your old 20GB one. That means you've got to download it and there's plenty of questions about whether MS can tell all these different people are using the same code. I've heard pesky rumours about MS being able to detect such a thing, but more research is probably needed, as the amount of FUD that surrounds MS is ridiculous.

Anyhoo I eventually found a new 120GB HD in a sale in Argos (of all places). Can't remember exactly how much, but between £60 to £70 (~$100), I think... I was very lucky! :)

Nachimir was in the middle of the process at one pont... How did you get on Mr. Nach?

Have you guys considered getting this package? http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/HARDWARE/XB2LIVESTARTER-Xbox%20360%2060GB%20Live%20Starter%20Kit.html

HOLY POPE SHIT: They're adding a bunch of new weapons including sticky bombs and a boatload of new deathmatch locations (oh, let's see... more than 17!!!!!)

This has got to be the best news I've heard in a long time. I'm quite sure I read in an interview or preview that they were doing nothing with regards to multiplayer. It sounded probable too, what with TLAD multiplayer being the half-assed thing it was.

This, however... this... it's amazing. I'm not expecting them to include the original (or TLAD) multiplayer stuff in this new one, but as long as they're keeping GTA race we're bound to get a number of fresh Grand Thumb Auto sessions out of this.

I am taking the explosive shotgun to james m's face.

Awesome!

One of the things TLAD had was an automatic shotgun, which was obscenely over-powered in multiplayer. It was quite ridiculous.

Awesome!

One of the things TLAD had was an automatic shotgun, which was obscenely over-powered in multiplayer. It was quite ridiculous.

It was obscenely overpowered in the game itself. Quite a silly weapon - but fun! :)

Goddammit. I'm totally screwed and need to buy a new HDD to experience this now. Guess I have no choice. Wonder how cheap I can find one.

Update: apparently if you look around you can get an American 120GB drive from ebay for about CDN$90. Works for me. 10 to 30 business day shipping, but I'll live. How long til Gay Tony is out, anyway?

Update: apparently if you look around you can get an American 120GB drive from ebay for about CDN$90. Works for me. 10 to 30 business day shipping, but I'll live. How long til Gay Tony is out, anyway?

About 10 days now I think, just before the end of October..? :erm: