elmuerte

George Broussard's twitter message

http://twitter.com/georgeb3dr/statuses/1511574436

The amount of press "coverage" around this single message is simply retarded...

It's 134 characters long. Most news items are at least one paragraph, and multiple sentences. Often including enormous extrapolations of those few pieces of data within that twitter message. Sure, there is a fair chance that it is about DNF. But the message itself doesn't say anything at all, except to those closely involved with the project this message is about.

It still means they're at least a year off of fucking anything.

I also can't believe its subtitle is Forever, laugh every time it's mentioned.

I SO don't care about this any more. It's the Chinese Democracy of games... It's been left so long it can never live up to any sort of expecations.

I SO don't care about this any more. It's the Chinese Democracy of games... It's been left so long it can never live up to any sort of expecations.

Unlike you my expectations for the game hasn't been growing in the past 12 years. It stayed pretty much the same. And I'm still looking forward to the game.

Too bad:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23518

(Watch the trailer linked if you didn't catch it last year)

I hadn't heard about the DN Trilogy, that's kind of awesome. I think I actually played the platformers more than Duke 3D. Throw in some Bio Menace and Rise of the Triad as bonus unlockables and I'll be in heaven.

edit: and Raptor, I played the hell out of that limited shareware cd I had...

I never got (as in understood the appeal of) the original Duke Nukem. I think I'd already played Doom to death, plus the numerous other clones, had indulged in LAN play against other human beings on Doom, and was deeply involved with the Xcom series at the time. Was really 'meh' about it, even though that expression didn't exist then.

And now we know the Broussards twitter message wasn't about DNF, but about 3DRs closure :P

I hope they'll kill the DNF project, and now scrape together what they have and release that.

I hope that whoever buys the license buys the old unfinished code as well, all of the goddamn builds from the last fifteen years, and throws some sweet vids of them on the youtubes.

The collector's edition has 17 blue rays with the previous builds on them !