Sign in to follow this  
toblix

GET THE FUCK ON GTA NOW

Ahem, I think you'll find that this belongs in the Multiplayer Networking subforum, if you please...

...ahahaha just tweaking your stamen or what have you. Have fun! :tup:

After quite a few rounds, I believe we can call the first game of Grand Thumb Auto a success. Looking forward to the next!

Yes, it was awesome to the max. The only possibility for improvement I see is more people getting on.

If I were you I'd totally shell out for a new copy just to play with us. You're Dutch, right? You can probably find it somewhere for the price of an evening with a prostitute, a marijuana cigarette and a pair of nice clogs.

You have no idea how cheap those things are. Legalisation brings costs down, you know.

But maybe I'll do the hilarious thing of getting a used copy at the same place I traded it in. Maybe I'll get my old copy back. It would be like fate.

Dutch fate.

edit: Also,

You have no idea how cheap those things are. Legalisation brings costs down, you know.
That sounds awesome. Here a good pair will set you back at least $90. It's unbelievable.

I grabbed the camera real quick so I didn't get a proper shot

Filthy camper! :grin:

It was indeed fan-fucking-tastic. :yep:

I think the highlight of the evening - for me - was when we played Cops 'n Crooks in 'All for One' mode. I was the boss and toblix was one of my henchmen. We started down by the river, right beneath the cops on a bridge above us as it turned out. Much hilarity ensued: "Where the fuck are they?! They're right here on the map!"

The best bit, though, was when toblix and I decided to make a run for it up another overpass that was still undergoing construction. Trouble was, toblix didn't notice the road abruptly stopping 30ft above the slums below until he'd charged off the edge--his shriek over voice chat was epic. :clap:

There was also the shriek when he realized that his assault rifle wasn't enough to stop the sedan I'd sent flying his way. Hearing him through the headset as I ploughed into him did give a nice bit of sadistic glee.

The moment of the night for me though, is still when I hopped out of the back of the cop car in a cops & robbers game, wielding the rocket launcher I'd scavenged off of n0wak's corpse, and saw all of the remaining robbers in one car that was perfectly lined up for a blast. AND I SHOT THE FECKING THING ABOUT A METER OVER YOUR HEADS!!!!! On the one hand, it was very cool to be able to hear you guys panicking as you saw the rocket fly by you. On the other hand, it would have been so much better to hear the groans of anguish had it connected. Can't believe I missed that bloody shot... :(

Yeah, that was another highlight for me actually--rounding the bend, looking for trouble, only to see you fire that thing at us. My mate Jim was driving and all I remember was howling, "Reverse, fucking REVERSE!!!" :mock:

In fairness though we did reverse down an incline to get away from you, so I think that contributed more than your aim to what was a very near miss.