DanJW

The Unfinished Swan

Awesome concept, enticing trailer. Hopefully they have enough ideas to keep it from becoming tedious.

Definitely awesome, although it's hard to imagine what they can do to actually keep it interesting as an actual game rather than just something pretty/cool. I almost feel like I've seen all it has to offer simply by watching the trailer.

For some reason this topic randomly reminded me of Metronome. Apparently could be coming around 2011? Jeeze. ;(

The guy who's making that is cool. He interned/worked at Telltale in Summer '07 and helped write/design the first few episodes of Sam & Max season two.

The sound/music/visuals in that trailer are intriguing and good, but yeah, I'm also curious to see how it holds up after the first few minutes.

Was just coming to post about this very game and here it is already! Top work, Dan - it is, indeed, looking the shizzle. :tup:

NB: They're looking for a graphics and physics programmer, if anyone's interested.

Wow, I guess no one really cared about this game in the end as I have seen zero mentions in most places.

Loved the game as a lovely bite-sized bit of gaming/story telling.

I wrote a tiny piece about it:

http://www.arcadianrhythms.com/2013/04/nyr-unfinished-swan/

And we uploaded some images to our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.515200798542962.1073741825.154320157964363&type=1

I strongly recommend playing this game, along with the other PSN exclusives it made me not regret buying a PS3.

I played the beginning of it, but I never finished it.

It started off great, but by the second chapter it felt like they were moving away from the really innovative stuff and regressing to slightly more conventional 3D puzzle design.  But I didn't keep going very far, so perhaps I am mistaken. Frankly, I didn't care for the "storybook" presentation between the segments - it felt a little too blatantly childish for a game that seemed not to be intended for children.

I quite liked what I've played of the game, and do intend to finish it, but ended up taking a break about halfway through the "dark" section and haven't gone back yet. Still, I enjoy the game.