miffy495

Spore

Ugh. Spore did what flOw had done earlier and better, regardless of who thought of what when and while working for whom.

It's all a copy of BASIC Snake anyway :shifty:

To be honest, the tribal and civ stages aren't amazing, however there's still some quite nice stuff in there. I kind of see everything before the space stage as an elaborate character creation anyway, the space stage is the bulk of the game and there's a fuck-ton of stuff to do there.

Mucking about in the creators is fun also :)

I love both the cell and creature stages, which I've played through as both an aggressive and peaceful creature, but I hate the tribal stage. In fact, I've been unable to get past it.
Tribal is pretty easy. You just need to give some food to neighbouring tribes to make them slightly friendly and then collect all the instruments you can and perform for them. Have two individuals for each instrument, two fishermen and one guy taking eggs from your domesticated animals. That will give you more than enough food and you'll be done with the stage in less than an hour.

Bumped from the forum graaaaaaaaveeee......

So I picked up all the Spore stuff in the Steam weekly deal for $15. Had a lot of the same thoughts ya'll did 5 years later; creature phase has fun exploration but repetitive interactions, tribal and civ stages are short and dull.

But golly is that creature creator a really neat thing. While all my creatures aren't particularly creative, dragging that spine around, changing colors, adding limbs and then being able to use it inside a game immediately is kind of amazing. Also enjoying the spaceship creation as well. 

It's unfortunate that DarkSpore was such a mediocre game, because I would love to see this editor used in more things. I'm curious if there's anybody at EA right now trying to think of ways to implement it in new ways and recoup what I can only imagine was a huge cost making that thing. I think I'd like to see that as some sort of middleware for beginning developers who have no 3D modeling skills.

Funny this game should come up after so many years. The guys at Monster Factory just did Spore this month. I laughed so hard I cried: