Sign in to follow this  
Ben

GDC 2008

As per usual a number of Thumbers (and former Thumbers) will be at the Game Developers Conference this year, which is taking place in San Francisco next week - Feb 18 to 22.

As I understand it a few of you may also be attending so feel free to get in touch if you'd like to meet up with us.

:tup:

I'll be there. I'll get in touch with you guys through Jake, I guess, then we'll exchange thumbs and shifty eyes. :tup::tmeh::tdown::shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Sorry, Rodi. :(

I'll be there for the 20th - 22nd (and a few days after). I believe Duncan and I will be meeting at some point, but would love to meet more of you.

What a bunch of fags!

(((((((

:hitler:))))))) j/k (((((((:hitler:)))))))

But seriously, did you all agree to wear blue jeans? And what's with the patch?

Oh, and is the order of names reversed, movie poster style?

edit: And what's Marek up to these days?

Looks like Marek has been up to shaving his beard and growing his hair. Dude you look 10 years younger... stop it! Alex always looks about 16 though.

Ben has to wear the patch for pirate reasons.

But seriously, did you all agree to wear blue jeans? And what's with the patch?

Oh, and is the order of names reversed, movie poster style?

In America, everyone wears jeans! (It's the law.)

And no, that's us. I'm the one with the greenish hoodie.

Man, cool stuff like this never comes within a reasonable distance of Calgary. Damn my Canadian Redneck city!

It was good to meet the few of you i did, though I'm afraid you got me on the very worst day, when the jet lag was in full effect and my brain wasn't functioning too well. Marek, you look younger in person than in your facebook pic :)

I've stayed in SF for some holiday, and have decided that I'd happily have teeth pulled without anaesthetic if it meant I got to live here.

Yeah SF is pretty frickin' sweet. Someday I will move there.

I try to confuse everyone about my age!

As someone who has gone to GDC on a press pass about four or five times, and someone who is uncertain of an invite next year, I actually think an invite-only policy would be 100% fair. If that's what they need to do to make the conference work for the developers, then that's what they should do. Press are just guests at GDC.

Mind you, if I'm not on the invite list next year (if they do switch to invite-only) I'll be super sad, but I'll totally respect it.