Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Anti-child devices

They're trying to get these banned in the UK.

I'm glad, because I hate them. They are a nuisance and give me a headache, and make shopping in certain areas of town very uncomfortable. I resent that I'm being targeted just because I'm 21.

Anyway, I'm sure you all agree that these devices are a spastic idea and what they should actually do is to start dealing with the problem from the core, etc. But really I just wanted to draw your attention to the comments in the Have Your Say section. They are just fantastic.

Check out this guy for instance. I love his thoughtful inclusion of the fire brigade in this scenario:

Added: Tuesday, 12 February, 2008, 15:50 GMT 15:50 UK

These mindless louts should be caught and put to hard labour or boot camp. Can the Fire brigade fit high powered water guns with high visibility paint as a deterrent. Paint that can't be washed off and must ware off taking weeks. When these yobs are then spotted by the Police they can be arrested and then dealt with at boot camps. It will sure make them think twice attacking a fire engine and crew if they know they are going to be covered in paint.

Mike Charlton, Pontefract, United Kingdom

Added: Tuesday, 12 February, 2008, 15:50 GMT 15:50 UK

" "This device has no place in a country that values its children" Shami Chakrabarti "

Since when have children valued adults in this country ? All I hear nowadays is feral gangs kicking adults to death.

I suggest doing away with this toy whistle, and arming everyone with SA80's, just a thought it may possibly stop the little yobs !!

Maggie Jones, Cheltenham, United Kingdom

I personally think that this is a good idea.

I certainly feel intimidated walking past groups of children.

Beth Hill, Anglesey

I will now make it my mission to ensure my children kick these sorts of people to death on sight.

Fucking decrepit morons.

Beth Hill, Anglesey

1740_tough_fish.gif

Beth Hill, Anglesey

AHAHAHA :D

My mum used to live on Angelsey, there was a single solitary chav who did his gangsta-been-shot walk along grass verges near villages in the middle of nowhere.

I will now make it my mission to ensure my children kick these sorts of people to death on sight.

Fucking decrepit morons.

In case you missed it when Spaff posted it: Speak you're branes. Their post tags alone are genius :)

The problem seems to be exacerbated by the media. Not all young people are mindless drones who get their fun from violence, alcohol and drugs. It's just the way the young of today are portrayed in the media that gives people the image that all young people are like this.

The fact that this device targets anyone under the age of 25, including babies and very young children who may be innocent is enough in my opinion to have it banned or at least redesigned so it can discriminate who is acting unlawfully and who is innocent.

People who fear teenagers and young people are merely ignorant. They do not take the time to get to know those people and instantly brand them as criminals because they are young.

Holy shit, I can't believe something like that was ever brought in in the first place. I'm 20 and go to school full time. I also work nights. Does this mean that when trying to go home after a shift which ends at midnight I would be assaulted by shrill whistles just for walking through certain blocks? Who the hell thought this was ever a good idea?

Of course, given my city's political climate, I should just be glad that they're isolated enough to not be trying to put these in around here.

Yeah it is a small minority of little terrors that cause trouble, but to be fair, after having spent the last 2 years in Montreal witnessing nothing dramatic at all I returned to Brighton last week.

My friend was accosted at knife point outside a club we were leaving (to be fair he told them to fuck off because he didn't have any money, he was very drunk) on my first night back then 3 days later me and this girl witnessed 2 'youths' mug this guy for a case of beer.

It threw me because occurrences were right in the middle of the City and not particularly late at night. So yeah, people need to tackle the root of the problem rather than pushing people away but I think to say people are fear mongering is weird unless I just happened to get really unlucky and see two of the only crimes committed by 15 year old chavs ever.

I've heard stories from a few different sources about DJs and producers who messed about with low frequencies and said they made people close to the speaker stacks vomit, but I only half believed them until reading about that.

They also link this story about an actual working puke ray:

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2007/08/flashlight-vomi.html

I want to know, is it followed by that feeling of euphoria that comes after vomiting up something especially bad? You could really fuck up an ideologically charged crowd with that. Or a restaurant. Or valentines day.

And how long before knowledge of these frequencies/wavelengths leaks, becoming generally known and cheaply reproducible? I've a feeling we're in for an interesting and incredibly fucked up century.

I want to know, is it followed by that feeling of euphoria that comes after vomiting up something especially bad?

Very much doubt it, as you wouldn't be bringing up anything that had made you feel bad. You'd just be made to chuck your guts up spontaneously, having not felt ill for a period of time beforehand. :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

:spiraldy: even.

Notice how, now there's been a fair tally of accidents with tasers, all of these kind of weapons have been renamed from "non-lethal" to "less lethal".