ThunderPeel2001

Ron Gilbert is making Monkey Island 3!!!! or maybe just counting down to something

I really like MI3 too! For what it's worth, Ron said it's still canon on Twitter, which is surprising to me because he previously said if he got to make another game he would ignore the ones he didn't work on. I don't know what this means for Escape and Tales or if this was a thing pushed by Disney but there you go.

Great necro.

Before Tale of Monkey Island released in 2009, we've had like 500 threads discussing the upcoming release on the Telltale forums.

And although this Italian "This is not MI5, the real MI5 is my fan game" guy kept coming back, the whole anticipation and discussion on that forum really made the game a special experience for me.

Damn, I wish those times would come back and some forum would discuss Return to Monkey Island with as much enthusiasm.

The discussion is pretty enthusiastic over at the mixnmojo.com forums! (There are a couple of far right people in there too, but I guess that's something you have to put up with in most online communities now...)

Finished this last night, and really loved it, especially Act IV.

Hungry for more, like I often am, I looked up some discussions on the 'net, and found this forum post which instantly multiplied my nostalgia by a million and took me right back to my previous life as a terrible gaming forum guy (nowadays, I'm just a terrible guy):

image.png.e457045dd5604cf27c7c76c3bbcc9be1.png

Then I logged on here and posted this! :tup: (fuuck, "emoticons" ❤️❤️❤️❤️, I think my previous post was from before emoji was even a thing)