ThunderPeel2001

A $1,500 keyboard....

I'm slightly impressed that they got the damn thing made, finally.

Art Lebedev have been whoring out the concept work on that for years. After getting everyone very excited about it last year, they said "Erm, actually, the displays are only going to cover half of the keys, and they'll be black and white... and it'll still cost around $1000" or some such. That may even have been after they started taking preorders.

There was so much backlash, I think they pretty much had to deliver on it or shut down :)

It actually came out around mid-2007 if I recall correctly. I too was really impressed they got it out; I was expecting it to just be a concept and nothing more.

It was really funny watching everyone get totally hyped up and saying how they'd definitely get one, and then the thing came out with a massive price tag. I'm guessing not many people have actually bought one apart from the very rich entrepreneurs with cash to burn out there.

It is a bit disappointing, though. They had to cut a lot of corners just to get it down to the price tag it's at, resulting in a keyboard that looks much less slick than the original target.

Well worth looking at is the rest of their design portfolio, though. Some pretty cool stuff!

I thought the first keyboards shipped in December.

I like it how ridiculously expensive that thing is. Using just one big touch screen as a keyboard (like in this concept) would probably have been a lot cheaper, seeing that they are getting more and more popular these days. That would be pretty shitty when typing of course, but it would at least look cool.

I like this thing, though.

I kind of feel the same way about Art Lebedev as 3D Realms, but more so. Nothing they do ever gets out on time; the site is full of overshot release dates.

However, the release of these would totally redeem them :)

True, their original design was way nicer... although the new design has higher quality displays (ironically).

Wow! There's some great stuff in their portfolio. I can't wait for the technology to catch up so they can do a keyboard to their original design.

Wow! There's some great stuff hypothetical products in their portfolio site full or computer generated concept art. I can't wait for the technology to catch up so they can do a keyboard to their original design.

Corrected :mock::)

Notice that all of the coming products linked here should've been released already, but haven't been?

Seeing that the Optimus Tactus has a release date of 1.1.2008 even though it's just a concept, that could be a simple case of translation error.

I'm sure that was the case as well with the still unreleased Halloween clothes-pegs dated to be released on 27.10.2007.

What I meant was that the "release" dates probably only tell you when the "products" were added to the "portfolio" and not when they were actually supposed to be released.

Okay. Damn, I hate being wrong. It's the fault of those bastards at Lebedev.

This is complete insanity; miniature OLED screens for every key...! Stuff of the future!

d46d4228f24323f2268eb58baf93c590.gif

Heh, that keyboard does look cool but I personally don't have however much that would be in pounds to spend on a keyboard.