Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

For the yoofs innit. :hypnotoad:

More likely than not.

Another song whose music video is, while cool, completely inane. Song is still :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup: though.

ghb6eDopW8I

I've recently been listening to Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons by Blonde Redhead quite a lot. There are two vocalists for the band, so I've included an example of each:

naJkQ1PeBcM

vc6zrxHO2DA

Actually, it's possible all three band members do vocals, but since two of them are identical twins, I don't think there'd be any discernible difference between them.

I came to the album through this Third Eye Foundation remix of "For the Damaged":

Yp3580zvtXg

Finally getting to see this on Saturday... I'm fucking psyched:

WLrt7-kIgIM

I'm going to confess that whenever I hear the name Amon Tobin mentioned, in my mind's eye I see Tobin Bell mixing DJ beats, and it seems creepy.

I'm going to confess that whenever I hear the name Amon Tobin mentioned, in my mind's eye I see Tobin Bell mixing DJ beats, and it seems creepy.

CheckBleach please!

oSGZAUH08Ig

I like how there's a whole genre of electronic music that is basically "this would really work during a fight scene from the Matrix"

Saw Simple Kid live a few years back. He does a wonderful duet with kermit the frog:D His song Seratonin is one of my favourite songs.

Also loving this at the moment (I don't know how to embed a youtube;( )

http://www.youtube.com/embed/VjPmv6HYnHQ

dibs said:
(I don't know how to embed a youtube )

To embed youtube videos you wrap [YOUTUBE] tags only around the silly letter-and-number-combination at the end of normal youtube-links. (When you 'quote' me, you can see for yourself.)

I like the song.

I finally got around to publishing a new mix last night.

It's just a small one this time, as I've spent months - on and off - faffing around trying to make an hour-long-plus session that I just decided to push out the first half as its own thing instead.

Also, I defy anyone not to snigger at the title of the first track... :getmecoat

Yegads, it was the numbers only! Thanks for that castorp.

I finally got around to publishing a new mix last night.

Thank you Wrestle, listened to it a few times and found some new tracks I love :tup:

Also, re-reading your post I just opened the page again, determined not to laugh at the first track name. Totally failed :)

Thank you Wrestle, listened to it a few times and found some new tracks I love :tup:

Awesome! Thank you. :D

I got a bit bored in the middle of it but it's not my thing to begin with. Rather smooth though:)

Oh lord, this thread is a mess with the YouTube tags gone.

Finally getting to see this on Saturday... I'm fucking psyched:

[media=]WLrt7-kIgIM[/media]

Inspired by this, I finally got around to giving Amon Tobin a second listen (I'd given him half a listen about six years ago, I think). ISAM is a pretty good album. It gets a bit dull in the middle, but there are some great tracks at the start and end. I can't help but wonder whether the title has anything to do with databases, though.

Oh lord, this thread is a mess with the YouTube tags gone.

Inspired by this, I finally got around to giving Amon Tobin a second listen (I'd given him half a listen about six years ago, I think). ISAM is a pretty good album. It gets a bit dull in the middle, but there are some great tracks at the start and end. I can't help but wonder whether the title has anything to do with databases, though.

It was fucking brilliant and everyone should try and see it.

Isam isn't a great p[lace to start, I'd recommend either Chaos Theory or Foley Room.

My sis just sent this to me. Pretty sweet. Channeling some Karen Carpenter (lurve).

Huh, alright, going to have to pick that up.

I've been on one of those kicks, recently. Those ones where nothing is what you want to listen to, but it's all good.

Mostly this, though.

[media=]

[/media]

(What in the everlovingchristexpletive is this two video limit? And [url= tags with youtube videos?)

[media=]

[/media]

If you've never seen it, the fact that both Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood did their own singing without being overdubbed makes that movie worth watching on curiosity alone.

I haven't seen it yet. Yeah, the non-singer singing is what does it for me. My dad mentioned it the the other day as a movie he'd watched back in the day, referencing Wandering Star specifically, and when I heard this I knew I had to watch it.