Sign in to follow this  
adfegg

Sam & Max 6 - TTGamer review

http://gaming.tweaktown.com/reviews/812/sam_and_max_bright_side_of_the_moon_pc_review/index.html

there is one specific simple puzzle (which I will only elaborate as something that's locked and needs unlocking) that I think will frustrate many, particularly those in the younger crowd. The reason I say this is because the method that the game requires to solve this solution is so dated that I don't think I've seen it referenced in anything for a very long time and I doubt it will even cross the minds of most gamers in their teens or early 20's without the aid of a walkthrough.

I wonder if he's talking about the old 'push the key out the door and catch it with a piece of paper' trick.

Oh, I think he's talking about the locked lunar lander puzzle.

The keys are locked in the lunar lander on the moon. You have to use the coathanger (from the tv antenna) to unlock the door through the window. I remember seeing this used in a book as a kid, funnily enough.

Oh, I think he's talking about the locked lunar lander puzzle.

The keys are locked in the lunar lander on the moon. You have to use the coathanger (from the tv antenna) to unlock the door through the window. I remember seeing this used in a book as a kid, funnily enough.

OMG that's totally in Gabriel Knight 3 as well. Though you use the coathanger to set an alarm clock. (!?)

i cant get through the last part where huge bliss tries to kill in all sorts of ways. i've tryed everything, but no i tem i use works...when i change places with him (egz.:in the wheel of death, i dont know what to do next :getmecoat

________

K75C

Edited by zozole003

zozole - I'll give you a gentle nudge in the right direction for that bit, if you like:

It keeps going round and round. Listen to Hugh - he wants you to do something, right? What if you didn't listen to him?

Hope that's vague but helpful enough.

And the puzzle mentioned in the review is still valid to me - that old trick still works on my car, bless it.

Yeah, that one didn't give me any trouble. I saw the slightly open window and it was pretty obvious to me.

The bitch of it was finding the coathanger, but that's a different matter.

Man I'm pissed off..i know the answer near me,but i just cant figure it out..tryed many tings:i waited and did nothing...Hugh bliss just laugh, i switch places with him and wait...he still laughts... i click somewhere else to walk he sayes :ah ah ah. :frusty:

________

herbal health shop

Edited by zozole003

Okay, I can tell you the specific area, if you like:

Focus on the sawing in half trick. That's where you need to do your stuff.

Well, the first of a few anyway.

Also, think about what he is and how you'd kill it off in day to day life

SPOOOOILER!

So, I just completed it. First the good:

The huge strength of these games, and the reasons they work where other adventure games fail, I think is writing and timing. No other game has come close to feeling like a well-written comedy show. The interruptions, the feeling that animation and sound is one (something no other 3rd person adventure games have managed) -- it's magical.

The ability to reuse old stuff has lots of comedy potential. Sybil's jobs, Bosco's disguises and ever-escalating prices, all good stuff.

Hugh Bliss' voice is awesome, possibly the best voice acting ever.

Also, the music on the moon was fantastic.

Then, the bad:

Before I forget it, the ending puzzle with the key was just stupid. In all the situations where you had switched places, if you took one false step, like towards the rings or the microphone (I was sure that was going to be used for something) Hugh stopped you. The idea that I would be able to get into the ship and turn the key seemed ridiculous -- I was just looking for immediate solutions, like sawing stuff, shooting stuff, etc. It seemed obvious that whatever you had to do, you had to do it right there.

The reusing of old stuff can make it a bit boring. Visiting the office again becomes sort of a chore. Everything's the same, so it's just a question of whether something has been added or changed. And walking up and down the street becomes so dull. Speaking of warp drives, what was that warp drive option about?

The ending? How about a cliff-hanger for Season 2?! Jeez!

I played through all the episodes in a row this week. They are awesome! I totally agree with Toblix, except about that particular puzzle.

I enjoyed the fact that most of the time there weren't any puzzles that would make me get stuck for long periods of time -- that kept up the pace very well. And on the 5-6 occasions that I did get stuck (most of them in the last episode), I turned to a walkthrough before allowing myself to become too frustrated.

I too would have liked an option to skip some of the walking (but a running Sam would be less cool) -- walking to Bosco's and back was getting annoying.

Sorry for the revival and offtopicness but I'm not allowed to start new threads yet. Dang.

I got an email last week about getting the proper box of Sam & Max after preordering the entire season and was rather tempted by the merchandise. My question is: does anyone else have the merch and what do they think of it? In particular I'm looking at the sketchbook The Age of S&M.

The Age of S&M is nice if you like behind the scenes sort of things. There aren't any comics in it or anything like that, if that's what you're thinking (though I'm on the wait list for the re-release of Surfin' The Highway! Squeee!) but it has some cool concept sketches for the games, (all of 'em, even the cancelled Xbox one) TV show, and some early comics. Also, there's a little present-day interview with Sam and Max at the back of the book. It's not worth it if you're just flipping through it expecting a laugh, but it's very cool is you're interested in the process and origins of Sam and Max.

I also have the Max n' Crossbones t-shirt. I don't really know what I can say about it. It's a shirt. It has a skeletal Max on it. I dig it.