toblix

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars™

AHGHGHGHGHGH

I got through God of War with very few of those annoying moments - whenever it felt like it was getting close, I finally beat that section.

Until the end. The final stage of the final boss. He has an unblockable attack, which stuns you and lets him follow up with a whole punch of powerful combos. What am I meant to do about that exactly? It feels like playing Street Fighter II against one of those players who just spams the same unavoidable combo. Fucksake.

I was planning on playing the game through again on God Dificulty to get all the extras, but knowing that Ares and his unblockable spam fist are waiting for me at the end will take all the fun out of it. Well done whichever arsehole designed that.

Ares and his unblockable spam fist

Why does that sound like the name of some campy TV show from the 70s to me?

AHGHGHGHGHGH

Ares and his unblockable spam fist

Right when you see the animation begin you have to roll backwards out of its reach. If you get the timing right those stages of the boss battle become quite easy. The middle part is what sucks. Even more so in God Difficulty.

Man, don't you know the laws of video games? There has to be at least one (and preferably only one) obscure way to beat each attack pattern of any end-of-level boss. If you can't it is because the boss has attack patterns that are too superior for your mind. Perhaps you should stick to mid-level sub-bosses.

Edit: lolz misspelt word

Castorp, yeah that's what all hints I read said, but there must be something wrong with me because I couldn't see the animation begin with time to get out the way - it processed too quickly. Anyway I beat it in the end. Strangely I found the middle "protection" section easier.

Thrik, I would but I sent mid-level sub-boss out for pizza.

Is it here yet?

So now that C&C3 is on 360, has anyone tried it? I gave the demo a shot and came away actually quite impressed. They managed to handle the controls quite nicely. The camera was a bit over-sensitive with the right stick, but everything else was smooth and convenient. Selecting groups of units was a bit unintuitive at first but it seems like it'll be something very easy to get over. I may give it a shot in this form given that my PC is starting to get a tad long in the tooth and I'm not sure about how smooth it'll run.

Yeah, but I'm also getting a sneaking suspicion it's not just that these steps are appearing more and more in games. I'm thinking I may be, in a way, getting too old for this shit. I lose patience with games a lot more now. I hate replaying things, and I hate feeling that I'm losing. Maybe I'm hating that more now than before. I keep stopping playing hard games and starting playing easier games, like Picross or Phoenix Wright. Well, maybe easier is not the word. Less stressful, maybe.

YES! This is exactly how I've felt for a while now. My real-life is stressful enough now that I'm no longer a kid/student/whatever. I play games for FUN. I don't appreciate insanely stressful/difficult things in games, because they're not rewarding. If I'm not being rewarding for my time, then why the fuck should I bother playing??

I like a challenge, don't get me wrong... Just don't give me "Oh fuck off!".

Damn... :oldman: