kennyken67

Hurray for me

And of it weren't for the encouragement and support of the Idle Thumbs forum, you never would have made it.

So where's our cut?

Also: Good for you, good for you, good for you.

i work in sales for a company that manufactures hvac (heating,ventilation,air conditioning) equipment mostly for schools and larger building structures.

was in an administrative position, but just got a sales rep position. salary and commission make me a happy camper

In somewhat related news, tomorrow is the first paycheque I'll be getting where my new raise has taken effect! Hurray for money!

I like this thread. More positivity and newborn babies on the Thumb!

In my own news, I just got called by the company I really wanted to work for saying that I'd gotten the job!

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Grats to all. Where you working now, Metallus?

(For those wondering the same about me, I'm a projectionist. Money's not that great, but it's a fun job and the raise helps quite a bit.)

After about six months of looking for various different things, I've found a job as a web project assistant at a travel company. I hesitate to say the name of the company because I almost feel like I'd be jinxing it after waiting for so long to work (I am weird). I haven't had my first day there yet, maybe once I'm a bit more settled I'll spill my guts.

Congrats to you all. We like good news! :grin:

congrats on the raise miffy.

projectionist would be a sweet job, do you have a good view of the screen?

the only thing that would suck is watching a movie you dont like many many times.

More good news then, I got a job offer from Wärtsilä as I've been working there on job practise which does not pay any money, because it has something to do with my school.

But now they offered me a real job, and money! :woohoo:

Superb Met. Soon we can all share the misery of web working with clients, even if they're your employer.

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

congrats on the raise miffy.

projectionist would be a sweet job, do you have a good view of the screen?

the only thing that would suck is watching a movie you dont like many many times.

It's a nice job. I'm there all the time, but it's always at night so I can still keep up with university. The staff at an art house theater are always awesome too. The only people who bother to apply a place like that are really sweet.

Yeah, the view is nice, but you can't hear a damn thing in the booth. That projector is a loud sonnofabitch. As for horrible movies, luckily my theater is an art house, so we usually only get the good foreign and low-budget ones. That or the high-brow, almost-but-not-quite pretentious, "nevergonnagetseenatcineplex" sort of films. Right now I'm showing Pan's Labrynth (:tup:) and Last King of Scotland (:tup::tup:) which are the biggest movies the theater has had in a long time so it's not bad at all. 'Course, around Halloween, we got Saw 3 just because it was offered to us. Had to watch that fucking movie three times a night for four weeks. God it was bad.

Luckily the projectionist only sticks around for the first 10 minutes and comes back for the last 15. The time in between, I'm usually fucking around with trailers, other movies, or repairing something.

More positivity and newborn babies on the Thumb!

Well, if you insist...

17562769ob0.th.jpg

This is T taking a nap late Sunday afternoon, aged just 5 days.