Spaff

finally, a game for 360 that interests me

Monster Madness (Xbox 360)

That and castle crashers...

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2413/Monster-Madness-Footage/

The description of the game is:

Running on the Reality Engine, Monster Madness takes full advantage of the most advanced Shader Model 3.0 capabilities, including High Dynamic Range Rendering and fully dynamically lit & shadowed worlds.

useless.

but 4 player co-op win. Strange that it seems to be a full boxed game rather than an xbla download. Also it probably says something about my game tastes that the first game i want to play on 360 is an old school 4 player top down shooter thing...

Holy shit. Not Advanced Shader Model 3.0 capabilities!!! That's totally better than 2.0. :frusty:

Looks alright, but I'm guessing it's a "left stick move, right stick shoot" kind of game and, well, that's definitely a genre that the 360 has covered.

Have you played Assault Heroes? Not 4 player co-op, but it does two and it seemed alright. Definitely a similar old-school but new-vibe mechanic going for it. I never bothered to go beyond the demo because, as said, that style of XBLA game is getting tired for me, but it's worth a shot.

I liked Assault Heroes, although it didn't last me very long. Just picked up the "hey, we fucked up so here's some low prices for a while" updates for Lumines Live and that should keep me going for a while. Arcade is great and everything, but mostly serves to keep me distracted when I've only got a few minutes to kill.

I was under the impression that Monster Madness was an arcade game. It's a full boxed thing now? Well, if it's budget priced, I may give it a look. Sound fun, but is it really $50 fun?

Does anybody happen to have the PC version? I think there's a bug...

There's a race against a Leprechaun in a zeppelin which is way too fast for my hovercraft...

If anybody has a save file I'd be eternally grateful, there's nothing worse than having to quit a game because of a stupid race that isn't even necessary for the game... :frusty:

:tdown:

Is that for requesting a save file or because I'm going to have to quit the game because of a stupid race? It's the first game where a race made me quit... ;(

There's a race against a Leprechaun in a zeppelin which is way too fast for my hovercraft...

From a gamefaqs guide:

There's a bug in this level that prevents the hoverboat from reaching full speed, and the only way to get rid of it is by dying (or reverting to the last checkpoint, your choice, the results are the same). When you revert, you'll appear where Larry and you'll have to go get all the gems again, that's why I told you to come here first, to check if you have the bug before getting all the other gems.

Haven't played the game, but hope this helps.