LOPcagney

How did you find Idle Forums?

I am. Occasionally. I haven't played Gibbage a lot lately, but now that I'm moving I'll have to make my flatmate an addict.

As others said and implied, updates would be nice but at this point are more of a bonus than anything else. I wouldn't have stuck around nearly as long as I have if it hadn't been for the feeling of finding a rare community of intelligent, literate gamers on the web. I know there are other similar forums out there, (for example, I have a friend who swears by Quarter to Three for the same reasons I visit the Thumb) but this was the one I found first. A reworking of the site would not be unwelcome, but wouldn't change the fact that I'm coming here for the people.

I used to work with Ben, Spaff, Dan and Bob.

Ben actually did my interview, I came in with a huge baked beans stain on my shirt, reeking of alcohol. Somehow I got a job.

Spaff introduced me to the site, and I agree, the reason I keep coming back is because the articles posted here are good to read and the comments are often as good if not better.

I don't mind that there is no new content, if you don't count the forums. It is just comforting to know that there are bunch of people who can write stuff that doesn't make me heave.

Isn't Quarter to Three where the PR and marketing people from the industry hang out? At least I got that impression since a popular developer forum started redirecting those people there.

I really don't know. Just that this guy swears by the forums there. Never checked them out myself. I've checked out the main site for some articles and enjoyed them quite a bit, but that's the extent of my experience with the site.

EDIT: Heh. "I only read it for the articles!" Quarter to Three: The shameful hidden playboy magazine of gamer sites.